Oh uh... what does this mean and what are we going to do?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The ban is on an Island in the English Channel, in the UK, not New Jersey.

It means you can't use a hose or a sprinkler.

However you can use a bucket a cup or scoop to hand water.

Last edited:

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The ban is in the UK, not New Jersey.

It means you can't use a hose or a sprinkler.

However you can use a bucket a cup or scoop to hand water.
Wow! If I had to hand water from a bucket I would never be done. The end would be the beginning.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Jersey is one of the Channel Islands closer to France than the UK. It is a rocky island with very few fresh water sources.

Though when I read about "hosepipe" I had to look it up because I had never heard the term :) I had a vision of a hookah or something similar :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
That island has very dark things going on... and im not talking about the offshore financial and tax heaven.. xD

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's comical compared to what is happening in the Desert Southwest of the U.S. and the Colorado River watershed. Hopefully the foot and a half of rain across AZ,CO, NM, and Texas have helped--but it's still not enough water.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's comical compared to what is happening in the Desert Southwest of the U.S. and the Colorado River watershed. Hopefully the foot and a half of rain across AZ,CO, NM, and Texas have helped--but it's still not enough water.

No it isnt, we all need a good week or two of good steady rain but not floods and a cold snowy winter right now

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No it isnt, we all need a good week or two of good steady rain but not floods and a cold snowy winter right now
Uh, nope, not in Texas, NM AZ, CO, So Cal. and the desert southwest. Will take more than a week or two of steady rain to bring Lake Mead (for instance) back to even a year ago levels. It is almost a dead reservoir because of a 22 year megadrought. If the Lake loses the ability to supply power turbines at the Hoover Dam, most of the Southwest will have an electricity shortage as well. I used to live out that way in the 60's. Water was an issue then and there wasn't a drought.

The drought in Texas has also been a problem for the last ten years or more. 300 year old oaks and 200 year old pines on m parents place died because rain was slow for five solid years.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Uh, nope, not in Texas, NM AZ, CO, So Cal. and the desert southwest. Will take more than a week or two of steady rain to bring Lake Mead (for instance) back to even a year ago levels. It is almost a dead reservoir because of a 22 year megadrought. If the Lake loses the ability to supply power turbines at the Hoover Dam, most of the Southwest will have an electricity shortage as well. I used to live out that way in the 60's. Water was an issue then and there wasn't a drought.

The drought in Texas has also been a problem for the last ten years or more. 300 year old oaks and 200 year old pines on m parents place died because rain was slow for five solid years.

yea obviously the west needs a lot more than that, but I am not sure its possible at this point sadly

Top Bottom