Oh wow...fingertips are sore

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Worked a bit on my contest juniper. I ended up wiring it to the pot it came in. For I kept pulling it out trying to manipulate the wire on the branches. Not very graceful...or perfect in the least. First attempt at wiring...glad there is a beginners category. Because it looks pretty rough with the wire. But...it kept falling out of the pot, I'll have to go back and mess with what I had finished. For a bit of it looks worse for wear. So I will need to go back and tweak it. But...it was fun! Makes me appreciate that conifer I picked up that has soft needles.

Had hoped to do literati...but, the main branch was to thick for it...and to short. Plus to remove all the foliage that would need to be removed...would likely kill it.

Will work on it a bit more tomorrow. It's interesting...for, one would imagine it would be much easier than it is. Pulling splinters from my fingertips...was something I hadn't figured. Reminded me of when I took a basket making class. Little did I know it was sewing pine needles together to make a basket. My fingers feels like a night I came home from that class. Lol

Thanks Vin...for suggesting this contest. It has been fun...fun searching for the material...fun just working the tree like I might know what I am doing. Lol

Top Bottom