Okay..... cotoneaster problem

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What to do? Like in the other thread, https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/a-tale-of-two-cotoneasters.45829/
these are all on the same shelf with same sun and exposure.
All get Bayer Tree & Shrub Feed and Protect. Same watering. All Neem oiled. Same soil. (except #3 the canned one)

I am stumped.

P1050085.JPG

Potted from a rescue this past spring. Green and healthy.

P1050086.JPG

2 years old. No problems til now. Small leaf variety. ................Microphylla?

P1050087.JPG

Another of same leaf size as first. Still in can as purchased this year. Planned to pot in spring.

What next? Plant the last two in the garden? I am amazed that there is such a difference in health among same condition.

Any suggestions?

At the time of the other post, the smaller one had not developed any problems. ??????????????????

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Might have been affected by the neem differently.

same condition.

The old black pot IS different. Of I don't repot a boxwood, they die. That oven didn't help.

Everything I have had a problem with this year, has had mad rolly pollies in the soil. Thick.

Sorce

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Might have been affected by the neem differently.

The old black pot IS different. Of I don't repot a boxwood, they die. That oven didn't help.

Everything I have had a problem with this year, has had mad rolly pollies in the soil. Thick.

Sorce
None here. I just crammed both of them into the flower bed. Even tossed some dirt at them.
At this point, it's just on the way to the bin.

Top Bottom