OKC bonsai show.......

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
The show is still running through today, but since we don't open until noon, I though I would take a little time and show you my display. We have 72 trees, normally we have about 100, but one of our members who usually brings 20 trees or so was involved in a wedding this weekend. Some of our trees are from beginners and are lacking a little, but we welcome any member to show whatever he wants. I didn't take pictures of my trees, just my display, nothing up to BigAl1 standards, but we are a small club with 20 members. More to come tonight after we shut down. You will be in for a treat to the eyes when I post my demo tree.......:rolleyes:

Keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Mark59

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello Harry, is that your juniper? Shimpaku? All I can say is WOW! That is one fine looking tree!

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hello Harry, is that your juniper? Shimpaku? All I can say is WOW! That is one fine looking tree!

Yes it's mine, and thanks, here's a little better picture. Marco does a little more carving every year, look close and you can see his work in April.

Keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC07908.jpg
    DSC07908.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 68

Mark59

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have some of the best trees I've seen on this and other forums. Always a pleasure looking at them!

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pleasant display. The screens are a nice touch. I like your suiseki placed in front of them.

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Harry,

I am interested to hear that your small club has what we would consider such a large turn out of trees for your club show. We are lucky to get 20 trees in our local show, yet we have 40 plus members. Does your club do anything special to encourage members to show trees?

Regards,
Martin

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry,

I am interested to hear that your small club has what we would consider such a large turn out of trees for your club show. We are lucky to get 20 trees in our local show, yet we have 40 plus members. Does your club do anything special to encourage members to show trees?

Regards,
Martin

There are about three of us that put in 15 to 20 trees each, and the rest of the members make up the difference.

Keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom