Old Bristlecone pine...

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
hmmm... Not sure about that price for that tree... Tree 202, the common juniper is probably my favorite on the page. However, the others with training could change my mind.:)

Also, the last one, I believe 212, It says estimated age 800 years old..I don't think it's that old..I think closer to 300-400 years old maybe.

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
I find myself drooling more over #306, a ponderosa to die for!

(About what it would take, too, since I can't spare the money right now.)

Reaction score
Is it an old bristlecone pine? Andy's guess may be pretty accurate, but 125 yrs. is young for a bristlecone...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Is it an old bristlecone pine? Andy's guess may be pretty accurate, but 125 yrs. is young for a bristlecone..."

Well, yeah, but have you seen an older one in a container?:D

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
If I'm not mistaken, Andy Smith works for the Forestry Department determining age of trees for them...
He knows his stuff, and was very helpful when my buddy and I went collecting out his "neighborhood" last year.

sean f

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
i see he has a quaking aspen ..i've never seen one as bonsai,there pretty common around here,has anyone tried these as bonsai before?

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That Quaking Aspen is interesting. As they propagate primarily from root shoots, I wonder how he was able to collect this with sufficient rootage. They do produce seed, but from what I understand this happens very infrequently - like every 10-15 years or so.:confused:

Top Bottom