Old english boxwood. Any thoughts?

BonsaiFurLife

Yamadori
Reaction score
I was thinking some kind of forest or clump type. Any thoughts?. Not planting it for my landscape either. I realize its not the prettiest thing and it is big. I just hate to see it get killed. People were going to cut it down so i saved it. They said it was about 75. Need to get under the soil and see if there is any kind of nebari. Any input is much appreciated. Thx and happy new year!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    532 KB · Views: 78

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A clump - definitely!

But you've got about a year to think it over (and over and over ... :D). First get it thriving again!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was thinking some kind of forest or clump type. Any thoughts?. Not planting it for my landscape either. I realize its not the prettiest thing and it is big. I just hate to see it get killed. People were going to cut it down so i saved it. They said it was about 75. Need to get under the soil and see if there is any kind of nebari. Any input is much appreciated. Thx and happy new year!!!
That view, the one ahead of your gloved thumb, has some incredible depth. Much more than I’ve seen. I’m not sure exactly what I do.....but I would try to work with that depth. A multi-trunk clump would take good advantage of that natural depth. I think....that there is a spectacular forest image there...an ancient tree among the trees. I would be hesitant to cut or chop anything....opting more to focus on developing that next level of primary branching.

Beautiful ancient depth...like looking inside a very old growth of trees clumped together I pruned by nature. Exciting material. Nice find...Mighty fine!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful ancient depth

You're right! Thanks for making me look again!

Deciding which second trunk segments to keep seems the only difficulty.

Mad buds! Mad time to think!

Kill!

Sorce

BonsaiFurLife

Yamadori
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will definitly put alot of thought into it and I will try to get a few more photos later on. Thx again.

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like it. It has a lot of potential. I don't envy you when it's time to buy a pot for that thing though. Or move it for that matter.

BonsaiFurLife

Yamadori
Reaction score
I like it. It has a lot of potential. I don't envy you when it's time to buy a pot for that thing though. Or move it for that matter.
Same. I cant move it myself now and i probably wont once its potted. But thats what friends are for... or wives... hahaha

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Friends are usually easier. They can be paid in beer.

You might want to consider finding a heavy-duty lazy Susan to put under it in its final location. It will make working on it much easier and it will allow you to rotate it so that it gets more even light.

LapWorks15" Heavy Duty Swivel

Here is one on Amazon. I'm not sure how long it would last outside but it should be okay for a few years.

BonsaiFurLife

Yamadori
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. My dad works for a furniture repair company. I bet i could get something like that. Thx

Top Bottom