old red hibiscus

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
collected from an abandoned landscape. only the exterior shell remains but growing strongly. cut back today.

best wishes, sam

Attachments

• DSC00692.jpg
    DSC00692.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00693.jpg
    DSC00693.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 110

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
red hibiscus #2

another old hibiscus. taken from the same landscape. cut back today.

best wishes, sam

Attachments

• DSC00695.jpg
    DSC00695.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00696.jpg
    DSC00696.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00699.jpg
    DSC00699.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 98

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
first one is awesome

does have an old spooky look. On the other hand, also looks like the olaf character from frozen :0

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Can you get these ugly stumps out of the way of that perfect lawn behind them?

:)

I kid of course. The quality of your urban yamadori pursuits never ceases to amaze. And they all have such size! Do you ever dabble in shohin?

Cheers,
B

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
Can you get these ugly stumps out of the way of that perfect lawn behind them?

:)

I kid of course. The quality of your urban yamadori pursuits never ceases to amaze. And they all have such size! Do you ever dabble in shohin?

Cheers,
B

at my age, common sense would dictate that I have only shohin. my theory is, as long as I can lift what I collect, I'm OK

best wishes, sam

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hibiscus around here...don't grow like that...more multi trunk bushes. That first tree...OH MY WORD! Sam...that is quite a piece! You scored with the landscape material. Great pick ups...and once more...if I could only find time to get lost in your yard...I hope to not be found for quite some time...unless it was by you. So you could tell me the stories of collecting and such with each tree.

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
Hibiscus around here...don't grow like that...more multi trunk bushes. That first tree...OH MY WORD! Sam...that is quite a piece! You scored with the landscape material. Great pick ups...and once more...if I could only find time to get lost in your yard...I hope to not be found for quite some time...unless it was by you. So you could tell me the stories of collecting and such with each tree.

the flowers are too large, IMO, to make bonsai from most varieties of hibiscus; unless one scores a huge stump (they do exist). red hibiscus is our state flower, so I figured having one (or two) might be OK

best wishes, sam

Q-Bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
That lawn is incredible... Reminds me of walking down fairways of a golf course...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
the flowers are too large, IMO, to make bonsai from most varieties of hibiscus; unless one scores a huge stump (they do exist). red hibiscus is our state flower, so I figured having one (or two) might be OK

best wishes, sam

I totally get the "structure and rules to bonsai"...but, also am a bit into unconventional bonsai one would say. I love wisteria bonsai...and magnolia. I guess the country bumpkin comes out in me...that and...my "dare to be different" motto.

Top Bottom