Olive Tree Bonsai

pgardens

Seed
Reaction score
Good evening, everyone.

I ended up with a very small, very supple mediterranean olive tree that will not be used for production and decided I would try making it into a bonsai. (Tree arrived a year after ordering and I had completely forgot about it and had purchased a larger tree) I searched this site for information and/or galleries of any other olive tree bonsai, but resulted in 0 posts.

From what I've seen, the bonsai appear to be deciduous or pine/juniper type trees - are there other evergreens or anyone working with an olive tree. This is, of course, raw material, not even pre-bonsai.

Thanks!

Jan

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Hey Jan welcome to the Nut house. I just typed "olive" in the search box and it returned 125 threads. You should find ample info and yes they make awesome bonsai.

BTW: It helps people give you proper advice if we know where you are from so please update your location in your profile. ;)

SantaCruzin

Seedling
Reaction score
Olives make great bonsai specimen and I love mine. Their bark matures quickly and they are VERY tough. I cant put my finger on what i like about mine so much but it just seems so different from the rest of my trees...

Top Bottom