Olive - very early in its bonsai life

Benauber

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Hi everyone
I personally enjoy seeing threads that go over years, with the evolution of the tree over it’s bonsai life.
I am sure I am not the only one starting from very young trees, or seeds, because it is fun and cheap.
Certainly I am also not the only one receiving a tree, scratching my head, telling myself I should have had a plan before having it home... long story almost short, I would like to post the evolution of my olive tree, and get your advice on the next steps
I don’t have very high expectations, just would like a miniature tree I enjoy having

6B02945E-C9F2-4D0C-AB4D-A38598553A5C.jpeg

I will transfer it into a gallon pot tonight, not really touching the roots. Soil I am thinking: APL (90%) turface (10%) with turface at the top

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hi everyone
I personally enjoy seeing threads that go over years, with the evolution of the tree over it’s bonsai life.
I am sure I am not the only one starting from very young trees, or seeds, because it is fun and cheap.
Certainly I am also not the only one receiving a tree, scratching my head, telling myself I should have had a plan before having it home... long story almost short, I would like to post the evolution of my olive tree, and get your advice on the next steps
I don’t have very high expectations, just would like a miniature tree I enjoy having

View attachment 319345

I will transfer it into a gallon pot tonight, not really touching the roots. Soil I am thinking: APL (90%) turface (10%) with turface at the top

Looking groovy! 🤓

It’ll be cool in upcoming years to click this thread.... and say, “Heeeey!.. that’s not so early!” ;)

Olive trees are neat! I’ve never had the pleasure..

Benauber

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I hope it is fun to go back and see the progression, I like that a lot on Bonsai Nut.
I got it for $5 on Eastern Leaf... jump in the adventure, and post about yours, it'd be fun to make them grow together

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I hope it is fun to go back and see the progression, I like that a lot on Bonsai Nut.
I got it for $5 on Eastern Leaf... jump in the adventure, and post about yours, it'd be fun to make them grow together

Dang I did not realize you could get them for that price! I’ll have to start utilizing/wielding this “Interweb” thingy as an effective weapon.

🤓

Mr. Bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
I've found that Eastern Leaf is a pretty good source for bonsai's and associated products, tools, etc. to make purchases. Very reasonably priced as well with excellent delivery!

Eastern Leaf is where I also purchased a couple of Rock Juniper Bonsai's and so far have been very pleased with their selections, ordering process and receiving and delivery.

I also have two Olive young trees that I recently planted. I never thought that they could also be shaped and trimmed at a young stage into bonsai's.

Yours looks very cool and good luck on the process.

Top Bottom