Omiya Bonsai fest...what to expect?

Pepibom

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with travelling to Omiya bonsai village during the May bonsai festival? Specifically with regards to available pots for sale by vendors. I do realize that the festival vendors are selling trees - and boy do I wish I could shove my suitcase full of them, but of course that's a no-go. The "consolation" prize are pots of course. I'd like your take!
Thanks!

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Almost all gardens in Omiya also sell pots, but they may or may no be marked as such. There is usually a garden helper who can price things on the fly.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Almost all gardens in Omiya also sell pots, but they may or may no be marked as such. There is usually a garden helper who can price things on the fly.
This is great info

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with travelling to Omiya bonsai village during the May bonsai festival? Specifically with regards to available pots for sale by vendors. I do realize that the festival vendors are selling trees - and boy do I wish I could shove my suitcase full of them, but of course that's a no-go. The "consolation" prize are pots of course. I'd like your take!
Thanks!
Hopefully soon export freight prices go down for export of trees. But pots oh man that sounds like a blast

Top Bottom