One of my favorite pots

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
One of my smaller pots found in Koju-en . 6 inch by 4 1/2 inch 1 1/2 inch deep. So far i have not been able to identify the chop. Thought the heart shaped bottom holes may be recogniseable to someone. I love the earthy swirl, hint of glaze and fine lines of this pot.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 52

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah, you beat me to it! Nice pot?
At last! I just got lucky... It's very nice in person, the texture doesn't read as nice in the photos as it is. Love Shuhos. And those other two are Shinobu.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thought I posted these here, but can't find them. Anyway--two Don Gould pots. First is a Christmas gift this year from Nature's Way. Second is my first custom pot commissioned from Don back in 93-94 or so. 15" two inches or so deep.

goulddrum.jpggouldtwo.jpggouldone.jpggouldthree.jpggoulddrum.jpg

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
It was part of the spring release but the influence is still there. It's a lovely pot to hold too.

Do you mean the Thor Signum stuff?
I may be wrong but I think they are possibly an ongoing thing(or will be) which are based on some of his trademark styles and glazes and such.

Reaction score
It was part of the spring release but the influence is still there. It's a lovely pot to hold too.

Do you mean the Thor Signum stuff?
I may be wrong but I think they are possibly an ongoing thing(or will be) which are based on some of his trademark styles and glazes and such.

The Signum stuff yeah! Bet the Tokoname influence is still hanging around, his pots have gone a lot softer since. Like vikings but after global warming ;)
I'd be a lot softer too if my balls weren't freezing off all the time!
I do kinda like his new style, and definitely wonder what the future is gonna bring.

The pot does look like fun to hold and behold!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
This is one of my oldest pots. A Kinka pot with a chip on its shoulder.

P.S. Does anyone have the solution for cleaning antique pots? The residue never seems to go away.

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

Top Bottom