One of my favorite trees in nature

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is an old cottonwood that is hanging out over the Mississippi river in St. Paul. There is often an eagle sitting in the upper branches. It is big and old for a cottonwood, and the wind looks to have broken a lot of branches over time. It sits by itself, and is a very nice outline against the rising sun. I think people thought I was crazy for taking pictures of it, but I love this tree.

Attachments

• aaaabbbb.jpg
    aaaabbbb.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 69

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a closeup of the same tree.

Attachments

• aaabbbaaa.jpg
    aaabbbaaa.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28

the3rdon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Nice! U need a picture with the eagle in it.. Obviously raptor photography is another hobby of mine.. :D

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will try to get one. There are a few people who photograph raptors at this site because there are so many of them. There is a really big eagle nest on the other side of the river from this tree, maybe 12-15 feet across.

the3rdon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Sweet!! I took my avitar pic a few weeks ago where there are 4 nests, 2 adult, and 7 different aged juvenile eagles.. Which is nice because it's the first notable eagle nesting site around here in a while.. Of course we now have a couple more, but very few people know where they are.. ;)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I too love cottonwoods and there are many around where I live.They tend to grow along the rivers around here, never too far from water.

I love this shot I took two years ago of a baby eagle just leaving a branch with trout in mouth.

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 64

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I hate the sombitches, if you want to know why, I will gladly tell you.

keep it green,
Harry

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They are all over around here as well ( eagles and cottonwoods). The eagles I have no problem with, but I'm with Harry - you can have those ^&*^&%%% 'n cottonwoods. They snow like a blizzard and make a huge mess (of my sinuses too! )

the3rdon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Here is some of my pics.. enjoy..

Attachments

• index_001_012.jpg
    index_001_012.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
  • index_001_018.jpg
    index_001_018.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 13
  • index_001_007.jpg
    index_001_007.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 13

the3rdon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
One more.. One of my favorites

Attachments

• index_001_017.jpg
    index_001_017.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 12

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Rivers all around here, eagles I love to watch, but them G Darned sunny weather snowstorms KILL me, I'd bring in a fungus to wipe em out if I knew how to do it, sniff scratch, scratch. Just a few in the air and they make me feel like I need a shower.

Top Bottom