Online Bonsai

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Fed Ex Example past 2 weeks: Ordered frozen rat feeders. Shipped overnight monday(14th)did not arrive til FRIDAY🤬😤. Sent back UNOPENED had not arrived by next friday. Eleven days😧.
Were they in the hands of FedEx the entire time? A lot of times the sellers create a label
And don't follow through. I had that happen on occasion. But...I've a snake..so know the importance of the prey remaining frozen. That was nasty...

thatguy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I ordered a grafted itoigawa from Chikugo-en nursery out in Cali. When I reached out to ask if they had any additional photos of the tree they responded promptly with a new picture. Not only that, when I asked to see the branch structure they took several new photos and put it on a turntable for me so they could get a video. THAT is service! Tree arrived excellently packaged and damage free. I've picked up several trees from online. Just need to feel out the seller/nursery and decide if they are going to do you right. Agree with above about buying "specific tree pictured" items versus representative images unless it is very young inexpensive nursery stock.

zanduh

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I really don't enjoy the facebook auctions because it makes me feel like I have to keep checking in constantly unless I miss a crazy deal like Naka's books for 50 each. I wish everyone had to submit within the first hour of each of the auction start times. Also unnamed bid reserves are a pain in the butt. "Starting Bid 50, BIN 500 w/ Reserve" (Reserve is 490)

Had really good experience with Eastern Leaf shipping but you can never know what is actually out of stock until you try and buy it

Brussels is very professional but their prices for good trees skyrocket up.

Dasu has a pretty interesting selection and good prices but having to swim through a mountain of packing peanuts was a day of work on its own to clean up.

Bella Bonsai has really competitive pricing and they are pretty responsive to emails about their stock but half their site has been missing pictures for a while.

I like Wigerts but since they are from Florida the selection is limited to the subtropicals/tropicals.

Bonsai Learning Center has a lot of interesting trees and I'm a big fan of their styling, but a lot of their trees are very far along in their development.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also unnamed bid reserves are a pain in the butt. "Starting Bid 50, BIN 500 w/ Reserve" (Reserve is 490)
never understood that. Just put the minimum value for which you want to sell. Stupid reserves.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Were they in the hands of FedEx the entire time? A lot of times the sellers create a label
And don't follow through. I had that happen on occasion. But...I've a snake..so know the importance of the prey remaining frozen. That was nasty...

Yes as far as is known.

Top Bottom