Online stores

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've gotten a lot of trees from Jason. I find him fare priced...and I've always been able to add character to my bench.

That said. He has way more material than listed. You can always reach out with a price point and what you are interested in. That's what I do.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Piece of advice...study styles. What appeals to you. So when you create your collection. The bones of the material draw you in. For me...keep me interested in it's journey on my bench.

Personally...I've a thing for neagari. So I bought good bones...and it allowed me pleasure and enjoyment to take it further.

Catlin elm...
FB_IMG_1680735241547.jpgFB_IMG_1680735261653.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am new to FB, but I have picked up some great plants there in the past few weeks.

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Depends on what you’re looking for.

Unstyled yamadori?

1: Andy at www.goldenarrowBonsai.com
2: Todd at www.firstbranchbonsai.com
3: Jon at www.highdesertBonsai.com
4: Peter at https://www.ptbonsai.com/shop-9

Finished yamadori trees?

1. Todd at firstbranchbonsai.com
2: Ryan at BonsaiMirai.com
3: Bjorn at Bjornbjorholm.com

I’m sure there’s more like Wigert’s and Brussel’s for more run of the mill stuff. Alternatively you can email others like Randy Knight(collects yamadori), Dan(backcountrydan) and Vince(out of Arkansas).

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Greg @PeaceLoveBonsai did a great write up on this subject on his blog.

This link has the link to his blog write up

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Cannot share all my secrets .. but I have to say pure raw Yamadori in my experience is Andy Smith , I also obtained a tree from Todd Schlafer. I style my own and repot my own so pure raw material is my game.
The other websites offered are goood too but you need to know what can successfully live in your climate , and know what you can handle too. I apprentice at a studio so I’m an outlier with materials that come through our gates or with other regional professionals/ collectors at my disposal that I can contact with a online message, phone call, or text…... Bjorn , Mirai , Back Country , Peter Tea, Left Coast, Wigerts etc provide good material but again you have to be ready to handle the material and if you can afford, and get it before someone else scoops it. Check your area or local club too for non online because I’ll tell you what , it’s always best to see what you’re getting in person..
Now, all those sources have trees for sale on the spectrum of cost but again I cannot stress enough that you need to know how to care for it ,how to successfully adjust it to reclimateize , that it CAN fit your climate or infrastructure ( garage , greenhouse, outdoors only) and that you can budget. If a gorgeous tree is purchased and then I see a post with “help my tree is dying” I will roast you like a bag of almonds … kidding as I’ve done the same here hah but again just do your homework first.

Last edited:

jszg

Mame
Reaction score
The best way is to get the email (or phone number! Often works better...) of the proprietor and ask. Emails are posted on their websites or in advertisements in bonsai magazines. What exactly are you looking for? Wigerts, Riverbend, Evergreen Gardenworks, Lotus, Adams Bonsai, all ship & have stuff at a range of price points.

Top Bottom