Only in America....

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
In Chicago the other day and came across this while visiting a Craft Beer Establishment in between visits to Art Museums...
Thought to myself, Righhhhht.... Only in America...They still use a Hole in the ground in India...

photo%201[1].JPG

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
LOL, In Vietnam, we have a hose next to the hole. Am just not comfortable using it. Never used one of these so not sure how it work.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
You need to go to Japan - compared to those facilities - Amaricans are still using a hole.
Yeah, I thought that type of contraption was relatively common in some parts of the world...
I dunno....it's kinda.... intrusive... seemingly...
I mean what kind of water pressure are we talking about here...?
What if the pressure regulator goes bad, and you get blasted with full city pressure, straight in the unmentionables!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Im not sure how these work either, but I think I would question the sanitary qualities of the water in there after a few people use it. I doubt they will have people cleaning it frequently enough for my comfort level.

I think I will stick to the paper only method and wash the respective areas at home where I know where things have been and how clean they are.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Reminds me of this Ron White skit....(language warning)

Brian

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I occasionally still use a hole in the ground. I mean sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
simpsons-toilet-japan.gif

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
In Chinese factories it's a hole in the ground with a little shower hose, mostly their sewer system isn't set up to handle toilet paper so they ask you to put that in the trash.

Used one of these in Japan, it's actually quite good, you can set the spray pattern, pressure and water temperature. Cuts down on TP use quite significantly.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I recommend Sycamore or Tulip Poplar. Nice and big. Mike might want to use Red Maple...;)
Now I'm thinking I need to look for one. Put it right next to the eastern white pines I love so much.
:cool:

Top Bottom