Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Haha ok I'll see if I can bounce early.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or maybe. ... I think I might be pregnant. . Ooorr me and my boyfriend got a little crazy last night and I think there's somthing stuck in my ass.... oh ya.

@Soldano666 I just realized the 10th is a Saturday. ... I don't work . I'm good to go in the a.m. .

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or maybe. ... I think I might be pregnant. . Ooorr me and my boyfriend got a little crazy last night and I think there's somthing stuck in my ass.... oh ya.

@Soldano666 I just realized the 10th is a Saturday. ... I don't work . I'm good to go in the a.m. .
Just save the freaky excuses for when you do need them then.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Soldano666 @Nwaite you guys go and get those privets, I will have to skip that outing. I will be down your way in the future, and I will scope out some trees well hiking with my lady. Her and I will hopefully do a few hiking trips between NH, NY, and VT, maybe even Maine! Enjoy the dig, and post up some photos!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Someone wear a gopro so I can see the look on the people's faces when you 2 show up at their door to dig trees!

Please wear the fannypack shirt!

Sorce

P.s. I Probly shouldn't have deleted the part about a Zika Skull in an ass.....but I have to draw the line somewhere.
I hope you boys have fun!

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Soldano666 @Nwaite you guys go and get those privets, I will have to skip that outing. I will be down your way in the future, and I will scope out some trees well hiking with my lady. Her and I will hopefully do a few hiking trips between NH, NY, and VT, maybe even Maine! Enjoy the dig, and post up some photos!
Definitely let me know dude. I'll have more time in the spring. Hope you find some good ones with ya girl.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It was a fun day. Iv been doing bonsai alone for 2 years.

It was a great day of tree talk, tree digging and I got to go to not 1 but 2 yes TWO! different bonsai shops in Massachusetts. It was my first time in a shop. God you don't want to know what I would have been doing to my self if I was alone. Man what a blast.
Not that I don't love having every one on the forum to talk to but I'm glad to have some real life freinds to talk to and larn from.
Big thanks to @Soldano666 for showing me a great time.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Wilson I hope your hike was great, did you scout anything worth going back for?
Thanks bro, it was a great hike! We took Hells brook trail for the ascent, and it was all that i hoped it would be. It was insanely windy, and we were in the clouds on the ridge and summit. I am looking forward to returning there, there are definitely some beauty alpine spruce. If the weather was nicer I would have enjoyed exploring more of the cliffs20160910_123648.jpg 20160910_121233.jpg 20160910_123807.jpg

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Thanks bro, it was a great hike! We took Hells brook trail for the ascent, and it was all that i hoped it would be. It was insanely windy, and we were in the clouds on the ridge and summit. I am looking forward to returning there, there are definitely some beauty alpine spruce. If the weather was nicer I would have enjoyed exploring more of the cliffsView attachment 116864 View attachment 116865 View attachment 116866
Looks rad. And yes those spruce are super sick, only thing I can see as a problem is they are pretty wedged tight into the cracks of the rocks, it'd take some serious work to get em out, and then the issue of it still being winter up in the mountians when everything in the low lands is already growing, I know people do it but I'm not sure how the spruce would respond. The white mountains have some pretty severe weather. I like where this thread is headed, we'll be doing somemore fall collections in the mass suburbs, it's mostly landscape stuff were getting access to but it's extracts quite easy. I'll make sure to post here when we plan another outing, I already have a lead on some 30+year old yew shrubs, only problem is getting the owners to delay long enough into the fall.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So just an early reminder to any bonsai nuts who could use some help on a collecting hike. To be clear, I am not intending to collect anything for myself in the USA. I am an avid hiker, and am just offer to be a beast of burden for people who would benefit from a helping hand/back to carry trees out. If their are any hosers up in the great white north who want to get out, let me know. I have family scattered around Ontario, so I can easily find an excuse to head that way.

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
I only collect in the spring. I'm thinking on giving a fall collection a go. Get a hold of me and I can show you some. My only problem is my truck is in the shop. I hit a bear last week.
Mike,
Would love to possibly make a spring 2017 collection trip with you ( maybe Matt might be interested as well? ). Being the old guy is the only drawback but have been to the gym regular this winter and am regaining alot of my old strength back. How much to expect from a 66 year old?
I do have a 4x4 GMC that could come in handy as well. If we could find something in the area to attract the missus we could scout all day.
Leonard

Top Bottom