Opinions for new Boxwood pot?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Lose the rock, small yellow pot.
Agreed. The tree is nice, but the rock destroys the scale. It makes the composition heavy, detracts from the tree. The yellow pot would work nicely, sans rock, and sitting flat. Then, set that Koyo on a shelf near your desk where you can admire it and while away the time as you sit through yet another conference call.

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yellow pot wins. Even if it didn't, I've abused this tree enough this spring. I did have to remove some good roots. But I've never had a problem with boxwoods and roots. The nebari should improve a lot as a lot of roots came from underneath. I bought this tree 4 years ago. Classic example of failing to take care of root business over the years.

Thanks for the trusted advice everyone. It did end up in a yellow pot after all. One I thought be be a display shelf pot all it's days!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 41

larlamonde

Shohin
Reaction score
Yellow pot wins. Even if it didn't, I've abused this tree enough this spring. I did have to remove some good roots. But I've never had a problem with boxwoods and roots. The nebari should improve a lot as a lot of roots came from underneath. I bought this tree 4 years ago. Classic example of failing to take care of root business over the years.

Thanks for the trusted advice everyone. It did end up in a yellow pot after all. One I thought be be a display shelf pot all it's days!

Hey fourteener I'm just reading through this post now and you finally made the right decision. I love those little boxwoods. Now let this little guy rest for a season or two. Nice tree!

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
now only if everything in life gave you so many chances to get it right. ;) want to sell the two koyos?

Top Bottom