Opinions on a couple ficus

Tums

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Because I live in the tropics I prefer to get $25-$35 stock and grow it out myself. Of those pictures from Wigerts I like the first one, visible trunk line with a little movement coming out of the soil and not too many aerial roots, but you've got to go with the one that speaks to you.
Was drawn to the first one myself.

RyanZ123

Seedling
Reaction score
Think I'm between these two personally. Going to get a couple more pictures of the backs tomorrow then make a decision.

Attachments

• image_67212289.JPG
    image_67212289.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image_67212545.JPG
    image_67212545.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 32

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Think I'm between these two personally. Going to get a couple more pictures of the backs tomorrow then make a decision.
Out of THESE two, I personally like the Ficus pictured second..

Plenty of low interest.. and established first-branch areas..

Also.. the fluid, tapered girth helps a lot.

Last edited:

RyanZ123

Seedling
Reaction score
Out of THESE two, I personally like the Ficus pictured second..

Plenty of low interest.. and established first-branch areas..

Also.. the fluid girth helps a lot.
Honestly this has felt like the general consensus. She also sent me that one first and said she personally liked it the most cause she could just envision the direction better than the others. Excited to see some additional pics tomorrow

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Honestly this has felt like the general consensus. She also sent me that one first and said she personally liked it the most cause she could just envision the direction better than the others. Excited to see some additional pics tomorrow
Told you they had more than what was on their website and they would be most helpful. ;)

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry, maybe I am out of date; but this tree for $350 ? It is too expensive for me !
In my experience, ficus is one of the most plants that is very easy to be grown and trained . I don’t know your situation, but I would ask someone give me a pencil type ficus branch for cutting. I could grow it into about 6 cm trunk in 5 years!

However, both of them are looked nice !
Good luck to you in bonsai hobby.
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom