Opinions on starting a "Heads Up Deal Spotter" thread.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
So I'm always on the look out for tree's on craigslist, forums, FB, IG, and other places, problem is, a lot of sellers don't want to ship. On one of the knife forums that I belong to we started a "Heads Up Deal Spotter" thread in which members post links to hard to find knives or knives for good deals so that other members who may be looking for a particular item might be able to take advantage of these links. What do you guys think about starting a thread like that on this forum? Might help people out who are looking for a certain something in the Bonsai world.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Amen!

Sorce

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sounds good to me, I recently watched a huge JWP sit on craigslist for months, I think they wanted $90 for it. I wonder what ever happened to it

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I'm always on the look out for tree's on craigslist, forums, FB, IG, and other places, problem is, a lot of sellers don't want to ship. On one of the knife forums that I belong to we started a "Heads Up Deal Spotter" thread in which members post links to hard to find knives or knives for good deals so that other members who may be looking for a particular item might be able to take advantage of these links. What do you guys think about starting a thread like that on this forum? Might help people out who are looking for a certain something in the Bonsai world.
Could be good, but like the "can you give me directions to the places where I can dig good wild trees" threads that crop up from time to time, contributions might be not be as numerous as you might expect.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Let's be honest, this is just so you can buy more trees then say they're your "last trees of the year."

:rolleyes:

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've been eyeballing that maple for a while now and looks like I'll be in Dallas next month on business. We'll see what happens:)
So ttthhheeeennnnn it'll be your last tree right? Banana we're all the same.

Aaron

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been eyeballing that maple for a while now and looks like I'll be in Dallas next month on business. We'll see what happens:)

Hope you have a car and some time ;-). Looks like the owner is in Jefferson. Jefferson is in East Texas, near the Tex./La. line--two hours at least from Dallas...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm looking for a cheap BRT pre bonsai 30 dollar range maybe? not sure if that is a reasonable budget or not, those black pines seem like a good deal if you are in Cali. I got a buddy in Cali, hes going to be my mule lol. I'm into knives too, im working on a making a kiridashi out of tool steel for as my grafter, and a hunting blade with a antler handle, would like find a good deal on on an Emerson karambit too hah.

my club is having a bonsai auction on September 28th in ann arbor, supposedly, there is usually some good stuff to be had there.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Just FYI on that JBP, the guy is willing to ship in the states for the $1400 total:)

Top Bottom