Option to edit titles

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a few threads that were initially posted as specific questions but now I am using as a log for the trees. The original titles are a bit misleading now. The ability for users to edit thread titles would let us update them to keep them accurate, should the original intent of a thread change.

Any support for this idea? I know the moderators can change it upon request, but I don’t see the harm in granting that ability to the OP

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am of double mind there. On the one hand, yes. I agree. Being able to edit is a nice feature.
On the other hand.. For many threads I tend to know what they are about when they are active. When people change then ame (Such as, whats in you rkitchen thread) it can get confusing.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There is a time limit on the ability to edit a thread because Bonsai Nut felt it might make people think a bit more before posting, knowing that is soon would not be editable
🤣
I don't think its much a deterrent honestly

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
There is a time limit on the ability to edit a thread because Bonsai Nut felt it might make people think a bit more before posting, knowing that is soon would not be editable
🤣
I don't think its much a deterrent honestly
But I couldn't find a way to correct wrong or misspelled titles, apart from asking Greg.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Perhaps the ability to nickname threads?

You can go back and edit tags at any time.

I wouldn't worry about the cataloging for site sake as much as your own. Since for site sake, someone will ask the question again, and if they should search yours, a progression will be a welcome thing to see coupled with it.

Besides, unless you're writing down elm 1 elm 2 blah blah, you will forget another name too.

And of people don't open the door bread when you update it, their loss! When they do in 20 years, their gain!

Cheers!

Sorce

Top Bottom