Orange County, CA Bonsai Clubs

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello All - I am reaching out to the community - specifically those in Southern California - for recommendations on great bonsai clubs to join in Orange County and surrounding areas? I've not been through a full year of bonsai and had joined the Rocky Mountain Bonsai Society but am moving at the end of the month from Denver, CO to Huntington Beach, CA so need a new "home group." I fully intend to keep my membership to RMBS, but am excited to join some new groups in Southern California.

I see there are several threads about this subject and I will follow up with the suggestions listed there, but they are from 2015 and older. Any suggestions are most appreciated!

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I'm not in Orange County, but check out Baikoen. They're an LA group, but I think also have members from Orange. I love watching their weekly Youtube videos. If I lived closer, I'd definitely join their club. They seem to have a lot of knowledgeable members. They might also be able to point you to mentors/smaller clubs in your particular area.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not in Orange County, but check out Baikoen. They're an LA group, but I think also have members from Orange. I love watching their weekly Youtube videos. If I lived closer, I'd definitely join their club. They seem to have a lot of knowledgeable members. They might also be able to point you to mentors/smaller clubs in your particular area.
Hey this is great. I was sent to them by another friend outside of this community too. I’m going to most definitely check them out. I can’t thank you enough for your response here. The thread was getting lonely and I was afraid going to be fogotten!! Appreciate the resurrection and suggestion.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The California Bonsai Society has a list of most clubs in the area, here: https://www.californiabonsaisociety.com/resources The Golden State Bonsai Federation lists most clubs in the state, here http://www.gsbfbonsai.org/Articles.asp?ID=259
Thank you. This is also helpful and puts me on the right track to asking around. Thank you

I've also be in touch with the Orange County Bonsai Society whose next meeting is Sunday the 23rd of January (& every 4th Sunday of the month thereafter)

Top Bottom