Ordering Anderson flats

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I’m going to order some Anderson flats this winter. Shipping is expensive on these - if anyone lives in the Atlanta area and would like to go in together to order some please send me a pm

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I’m going to order some Anderson flats this winter. Shipping is expensive on these - if anyone lives in the Atlanta area and would like to go in together to order some please send me a pm
I wish they (or something similar) were available in the UK.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Last time I ordered Anderson flats, I had to get 25 at a time, and shipping was more than the cost of the flats. Still it worked out to less than $10 each, so it was worth it. I still have half a dozen that are empty, so I don't have to re-order, yet.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Rid, just north of you in Ball Ground, GA, is a griffin greenhouse supply.

here’s their website http://www.griffins.com

“Onliant” is their ordering portal, and has all sorts of Anderson-type sturdy flats in many sizes.

I could be wrong, but I’m thinking if you contacted them with the item numbers you want, you may be able to avoid shipping entirely if drive up and get them.

Reactions: Rid

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I could be wrong, but I’m thinking if you contacted them with the item numbers you want,
I was thinking the same thing. I order pond baskets from a hydro store and they wave the shipping.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Rid, just north of you in Ball Ground, GA, is a griffin greenhouse supply.

here’s their website http://www.griffins.com

“Onliant” is their ordering portal, and has all sorts of Anderson-type sturdy flats in many sizes.

I could be wrong, but I’m thinking if you contacted them with the item numbers you want, you may be able to avoid shipping entirely if drive up and get them.
That's not too far at all! thanks for the info
Ridley

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Stuewe and sons charges shipping by the pound it seems, so theres no point in combining orders with anyone. disregard this post please

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
I was going to order some of the flats also, but just don't need that many and didn't want to buy that many at once, then I'd be forced to get trees for all of them lol

I saw these on sale at the Depot. I drilled a bunch of holes at the bottom, maybe 10 - 20 or so 1/8 inch holes. I love it.

20180811_111240.jpg

20180811_111254.jpg

20180819_152646.jpg

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's not too far at all! thanks for the info
Ridley

having dug deeper at looking at their products I think the onliant may be their main source of materials now, not other suppliers, could be wrong

if so this one?: https://onliant.griffins.com/hg/viewProduct?rlProdNum=53-3245

it's got gaps...
not ideal exactly...

Ridley, I'm questioning my original assertion, but not where it came from, distributor-wise.

Why does Anderson have the market on the flat?

however, and here's where there's a roll of dimes and a snag on the tracks

6''x 50' roofing patch roll
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gardner-0-5-ft-W-x-50-ft-L-25-sq-ft-Black-Roll-Roofing/1006803

i've used this roll twice his late summer..success (the de don't fall out, not equal particle size, ok), not time tested by any means..
I want to line small made wooden :)rolleyes:quality pallet wood) boxes with many large holes with this "fabric"

@jonathan, meshed pond baskets in near town at HD at their randomly large garden center outside. However, I wonder if those cubes are better as you can regulate degrees of air and water in OK, and test it, can drill more, but can't take the fishnets off the pond basket.
unlike anderson flats, I found tonight that hd will definitely let you come pick items up

Reactions: Rid

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
@TN_Jim yessir. You could definitely drill bigger holes and line with a fabric or screen. I have to line my pond baskets anyway or else all the DE will fall out ??‍♂️

Also when using these HD totes try and drill into the grooves so that water doesn't just sit and become stagnant in the bottom of it.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
having dug deeper at looking at their products I think the onliant may be their main source of materials now, not other suppliers, could be wrong

if so this one?: https://onliant.griffins.com/hg/viewProduct?rlProdNum=53-3245

it's got gaps...
not ideal exactly...

Ridley, I'm questioning my original assertion, but not where it came from, distributor-wise.

Why does Anderson have the market on the flat?

however, and here's where there's a roll of dimes and a snag on the tracks

6''x 50' roofing patch roll
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gardner-0-5-ft-W-x-50-ft-L-25-sq-ft-Black-Roll-Roofing/1006803

i've used this roll twice his late summer..success (the de don't fall out, not equal particle size, ok), not time tested by any means..
I want to line small made wooden :)rolleyes:quality pallet wood) boxes with many large holes with this "fabric"

@jonathan, meshed pond baskets in near town at HD at their randomly large garden center outside. However, I wonder if those cubes are better as you can regulate degrees of air and water in OK, and test it, can drill more, but can't take the fishnets off the pond basket.
unlike anderson flats, I found tonight that hd will definitely let you come pick items up

Thanks. I looked through their hard goods catalogue and didn’t see anything that had the right dimensions and material.

Top Bottom