Organizing my pots

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Since my wifes death I have been working over the house room by room. In each room are things that I will never need nor do I want to keep. My wife was a reader. From the beginning she would buy books, hundreds of books and store them in bookshelves in the bedroom so she always had them bear to read in bed if she wanted. In the last six years or so she got hooked on a Kindle and did not read actual books anymore.

Now she is gone and the shelves have been emptied. I have decided until someone else comes along and has a better use for the shelves, like a new wife, I will use them to display my pots on. There are two book cases that flank a matching dresser in the middle with a TV on it.
DSC_00021.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_00061.JPG
DSC_00081.JPG

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Al, how sturdy are those? Isn't Cali prone to earthquake? That's what came to mind when I saw all that pots stacking on top of each other.
Insurance. Make sure they are covered.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The San Joaquin Valley is full of silt from a bazillion years of mountain wear. There are no major faults thru the valley buy even though I am about 80 miles from the San Andreas fault it diminishes quickly through the silt and fill making the shock wave here very minimal. I am more worried about falling or tripping and grabbing the bookcase as an anchor than a earthquake. I'm hoping this is only temporary:D

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Al, how sturdy are those? Isn't Cali prone to earthquake? That's what came to mind when I saw all that pots stacking on top of each other.
That's always my first thought when seeing fragile stuff up high. Been in some big ones. But I don't think they happen that far in from the coast. So far...

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I think they make an interesting display, even when empty. Good idea!

CityofTrees

Seedling
Reaction score
Looks great Al! Glad to see a few in there that were formerly of my collection, looks like most of them got the best real estate too :D

Top Bottom