Oriental Hornbeam #2

misterpz

Seedling
Reaction score
Ceate this with no wire. You are real natural bonsai design. How to get more ramification ?

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cheers! It's a tree!

Sorce

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
take away the pot and photoshop it into a lanscape and you have a tree.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I absolutely love this tree. I have a large Hornbeam I’m growing out as we speak. I going to try the @Walter Pall hedging method...😉

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is becoming a pretty nice tree.😉

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Much is proved here; we are living in an age in bonsai where because of our communication advantages we have all sorts of oppinions floating around out there, this one about hedging and pinching is but one. If what you do works it is not wrong and an attempt to make it so is wrong---maybe. I think the methods of pinching single flush two needle Pines is wrong as is currently being taught, I think the stogie argument for spring repotting only, is not as accurate and inviolate as taught. I think the teaching that pinching a Juniper is injurious to the tree and should not be done is wrong for Shimpakus. So there you go.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Much is proved here; we are living in an age in bonsai where because of our communication advantages we have all sorts of oppinions floating around out there, this one about hedging and pinching is but one. If what you do works it is not wrong and an attempt to make it so is wrong---maybe. I think the methods of pinching single flush two needle Pines is wrong as is currently being taught, I think the stogie argument for spring repotting only, is not as accurate and inviolate as taught. I think the teaching that pinching a Juniper is injurious to the tree and should not be done is wrong for Shimpakus. So there you go.
Yes, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Top Bottom