Oriental Hornbeam #77

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Beautiful.

I like the way you let the scars look "natural", they disappear, they are not conspicuous, they fuse into the overall design. To me that's how a nice tree should look : aged, but full of vigour. Like you ? 😁 Joking apart, a "bonsai" always bears some of the qualities (and faults, for the "amateurs" like me) of the person that takes care of them.
Yes, a very good example of what a good eye and a mastered cultivation technique can "produce".
Thanks for sharing, it gives us all the will to get better...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Beautiful.

I like the way you let the scars look "natural", they disappear, they are not conspicuous, they fuse into the overall design. To me that's how a nice tree should look : aged, but full of vigour. Like you ? 😁 Joking apart, a "bonsai" always bears some of the qualities (and faults, for the "amateurs" like me) of the person that takes care of them.
Yes, a very good example of what a good eye and a mastered cultivation technique can "produce".
Thanks for sharing, it gives us all the will to get better...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
somewhat. I can still see the tool marks though. I love Walter's trees but im hoping he eventually hollows the old scars out on this one, or carves out the jagged saw marks. just my preference;)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
im hoping he eventually hollows the old scars out on this one, or carves out the jagged saw marks.

Sorry, I don't.

That's the difference between "artificial" and "natural(istic)".

The "jagged saw marks" will soon disappear in a short time.

The "dead wood" I see on some "artificial" bonsai are so evidently man-made and "steal the show".

Whitewash dead wood on deciduous and call it a "style"... :p

Top Bottom