Our most loyal members...

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Records indicate I joined, Apr 29, 2007, (after a bit of joyless time spent on some British site whose name I don't recall). Messages: 2,001. Media: 41, (I think it's 54, but who's counting). Resources 4.

BNut (apparently your name is Greg, but I don't think we've ever met) - You have created and run the most wonderful site anywhere on the net among all those sites connected with any and all topics. Many, many kudos and deep gratitude, and my humble apologies for the bits of grief and bad face I've shown here ocassioanlly lately.

Al, I think you're the only regular here I've ever had the pleasure to meet in person (except JudyB, when she visited Elandan) - it was at a Santa Rosa convention or some such around 2009, if I recall correctly - and it was a great honor, and really was a pleasure.

Records now also list me as a "Masterpiece" ... must be some screw up associated with the recent EU changes ... :)

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for creating this memory post. It will belong to the USA's bonsai history!
Milehigh_7 asked me to join this forum when we were members in Bonsaitalk.
Bonhe

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great thread, thanks for the thoughts. I came here after a few years over on bonsai site. It was a great beginner forum, but I outgrew it and I finally caved into @grouper52 (and Jim) nagging me to come over to this forum. Thank goodness he talked me into it, this forum has been a great help and outlet for sharing.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great thread, thanks for the thoughts. I came here after a few years over on bonsai site. It was a great beginner forum, but I outgrew it and I finally caved into @grouper52 (and Jim) nagging me to come over to this forum. Thank goodness he talked me into it, this forum has been a great help and outlet for sharing.

Glad I had some positive influence on getting you to this site. And I'm very happy to have met you in person - online connections are good, BTW, but I prefer an "in-person" connection with people, and meeting you and your husband was very nice.

Glad, BTW, that you've been elevated to the royal level of "Queen of the Nuts" - now I can say that I've met a queen in person - Your Highness!!!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Glad I had some positive influence on getting you to this site. And I'm very happy to have met you in person - online connections are good, BTW, but I prefer an "in-person" connection with people, and meeting you and your husband was very nice.

Glad, BTW, that you've been elevated to the royal level of "Queen of the Nuts" - now I can say that I've met a queen in person - Your Highness!!!
HAHAHA... nuts is about all I'd be elected to for sure...
It was a real treat that day at Elendan, a treasured memory. :)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hell I'd like to meet her just to talk about my hero John Kay

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know I have some stories.... fun times.

I seem to recall - correct me if I'm wrong, and apologies if I am ... or if you wished you'd never mentioned it to me - something about your time as a "roady" for some pretty big acts .... (and, in a most flattering way, I recall thinking to myself, "I can picture that!" :)

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I seem to recall - correct me if I'm wrong, and apologies if I am ... or if you wished you'd never mentioned it to me - something about your time as a "roady" for some pretty big acts .... (and, in a most flattering way, I recall thinking to myself, "I can picture that!" :)
Thank goodness there were not mobile phones back in the day to document all the shenanigans that went on during my years out mixing monitors for rock (and country, funk, punk, and you name it..) acts. :eek:

Top Bottom