Our trip to Plant City Bonsai.....

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Me and the kid headed up to Smithgall Woods to do some trout fishing and since Plant City was on the way we stopped by for a visit....I would have bought enough stuff to have ticked the wife off except I knew I couldn't leave it in the car for 5 hours while we fished....They had some small japanese trident maples for as low as $12....Trunks on these were 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch....Even larger ones with 1 to 1 1/2 were $30-$40. They have plenty of finished trees....Great folks up there....I told them upfront I was only looking because we were going fishing and couldn't leave anything in the car....They still spent over an hour answering any questions and telling us all about their Bonsai.....I will be back soon and I think I even got the kid interested now.

Below are some pics I took today.

shelfs+001.jpg

shelfs+002.jpg

shelfs+003.jpg

shelfs+004.jpg

shelfs+005.jpg

shelfs+006.jpg

shelfs+007.jpg

Brian

Ris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy seeing nursery stock that have very good potential and also trees that have been worked.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I hope you signed up for the email list.

i'll be teaching a workshop class Nov.9 on JBP fall/winter styling and wiring. If there is enough demand, I may do another on Nov 10.

Top Bottom