Outdoor stands

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello guys and gals. I've only been into bonsai for a few weeks but I'm excited about what's to come in the upcoming years. I only have two trees so I decided to build a couple of stands for them today. $23 at Lowe's and 45 minutes later this is what I come up with. I don't know how to turn the pics upright. LOL

Attachments

• 0113151314.jpg
    0113151314.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 0113151330.jpg
    0113151330.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 150

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
How do the trees stay on the sideways stands?

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai Crazy, welcome to B-Nut ! Now is the point where we ask you to fill out your location in your profile so we know where you live, that way we can come over and steal your good stuff and knock over your stands ! :D

It also helps in case you need any advice so people know if you are in Zone 5 Pennsylvania that this is not the time to start a root graft.

ed

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Stands

Hi Bonsai Crazy,

Nice looking stands though they look like they'd be top-heavy with a tree on them and might blow over in some bad weather.

Were you clever enough to size the base so that a couple of concrete stretcher blocks rest on the base? If not, I'd get some sandbags.

CW

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Bonsai Crazy,

Nice looking stands though they look like they'd be top-heavy with a tree on them and might blow over in some bad weather.

Were you clever enough to size the base so that a couple of concrete stretcher blocks rest on the base? If not, I'd get some sandbags.

CW

Thanks. They're just sitting on that base temporarily until I decide on a permanent spot for them. I built them a foot longer so that I can bury them in the ground.

Top Bottom