Overnight mystery

Waldo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I have a question regarding an experience that I just had with a number of pines. The day before yesterday the trees got a nice rain for a few hours. I had to be gone yesterday, so I stashed all of the trees in a horse trailer to protect them from high winds and a toad strangling rain. When I went to pull all the trees back out this morning, after a relatively cool night, the pots were all covered with condensation as the trailer warmed. I understand that process. But what I didn’t understand was the loosening or opening of all the sheaths and pushing needles far more than on previous days. My Ponderosa’s showed needle growth of about 1/2 inch . My
Mugos showed about 1/4 inch growth. All looked particularly green and happily robust.
Can anyone explain what phenomenon occurred here ? Is it one that could be employed to, possibly accelerate growth ? Kind of mystified by it. But I’ sure there is a logical explanation.
Appreciate any insight.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
usually a good rain makes everything greener and happier. The extra growth? if the trailer was warm I'd guess maybe that's why

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Put them back in.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think the trees visited a spa in that trailer. They are totally refreshed. You must have provided an excellent growing environment.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Possibly extra growth in attempt to find(absorb)suddenly absent sunlight energy:confused:?

Top Bottom