Overwintered a couple tree frogs

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Came out to a mess on the porch this morning. I overwintered this elm in the landscaping and brought it and the others out since it's been so nice out. Well

apparently tree frogs will hibernate in bonsai soil.

This is Costello with a snack on his back. It almost looks pregnant it's so beefy

PXL_20230415_180819308.jpg

This is Abbott he's about one third the size Costello. You can see the soil depression on side the pot that he came out of.

PXL_20230415_180808695.jpg

Now I'm rethinking using the chopstick method as a watering guide. :eek:

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol...yep! When we lived near Kansas City we had tree frogs that would bunker down for the day in the trees on the deck.

One time when I started the two-step with some trees, my wife walked into the kitchen late at night, pauses, and says "huh...there's a frog on our ceiling" :) Turns out there were two of them that had come in with the trees!

So yes, my yearly 2-step became a 3-step with the 3rd step being to remove the tree frogs from the house!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lol...yep! When we lived near Kansas City we had tree frogs that would bunker down for the day in the trees on the deck.

One time when I started the two-step with some trees, my wife walked into the kitchen late at night, pauses, and says "huh...there's a frog on our ceiling" :) Turns out there were two of them that had come in with the trees!

So yes, my yearly 2-step became a 3-step with the 3rd step being to remove the tree frogs from the house!
Ceiling Frog nice! They hang out on the front porch when the weather is nice, and I've grown accustom to check beneath the seat cushions before I sit down. :)

Top Bottom