Own up to the Facts Philosophy.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
1. You will never stop looking for new/better material.
Yes, but will maintain/develop materials I have now and have long term goals in Bonsai thanks to opportunities.
2. When you find new and better material your old material will become useless to you. (Less Sentimentals)
No material is useless to me, I have plans for all material in my possession now. But , have a smaller list of where/ how I source material I.e ( collecting , imported material, material from dedicated bonsai nurseries)
3. You will reach a point where you have too many trees.
That depends on capacity of my personal property, architectural design, watering systems and quality of trees and time to develop what I wan to develop
Are there any difficult facts you owned up to that have brought you more joy?
Good Nursery stock is hard to come by , now that those sources are found. Never going back to a non bonsai nursery again unless a native nursery/ wholesale

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I just like to have fun, that's all.
It pleases me to get a tree through another season, and they're actually getting better.

Just found a juniper I stowed away two years ago. I had given it up. But it just showed me a side I never thought it had. Whether we mentally get it or not, plants always move forwards. They grow, even when we ourselvese seem to be taking a slower pace.
I want better material, sure. But I'm making it too.
my scale doesn't increase from 10 to a 100. But closer from a 10 to 15. Baby steps, but in the right direction.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
1. You will never stop looking for new/better material.
Yes, but will maintain/develop materials I have now and have long term goals in Bonsai thanks to opportunities.
2. When you find new and better material your old material will become useless to you. (Less Sentimentals)
No material is useless to me, I have plans for all material in my possession now. But , have a smaller list of where/ how I source material I.e ( collecting , imported material, material from dedicated bonsai nurseries)
3. You will reach a point where you have too many trees.
That depends on capacity of my personal property, architectural design, watering systems and quality of trees and time to develop what I wan to develop
Are there any difficult facts you owned up to that have brought you more joy?
Good Nursery stock is hard to come by , now that those sources are found. Never going back to a non bonsai nursery again unless a native nursery/ wholesale
Ronnie Coleman! I remember that dude..... I saw a really obscure and random article about him like 20 years ago. The only reason I remember it at all is because of one crazy thing I read there, it said that his waist measured 34 inches and each of his legs measured 36 inches around the quadriceps.....I mean.....WTF....that's just insane....truly and actually insane.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ronnie Coleman! I remember that dude..... I saw a really obscure and random article about him like 20 years ago. The only reason I remember it at all is because of one crazy thing I read there, it said that his waist measured 34 inches and each of his legs measured 36 inches around the quadriceps.....I mean.....WTF....that's just insane....truly and actually insane.
Yeah you can apply his quote to anything in life , like Bonsai. No one else is motivating me but me , and I’m not looking for acknowledgment (yet) for what I’m doing, got a long way to go but I love the grind.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
1. Is a given
2. That's when I give things or sell them cheap to others just so I don't have to deal with the upkeep or storage. Right now I have a 40 ft container filled with construction material that I need to get rid of. I can't give them to local charities, they don't want them. I hate to see them going to the dump when they still have inherent value.
3. My future living quarter forces that point of reality on me quick.

I can't ever be a bonsai master given other things in life that I value much more. Bonsai will forever be lagniappes for me. Things like changing an ugly ficus into something that looks pleasing to me is good enough.
But but... I will bust my butt just to develop a good bald cypress bonsai and a good BC forest too.
Well now I have some really good size BC stumps so I can’t use the “building trunk” excuse. 😁

Top Bottom