P.Sylvestris on rock

Reaction score
Finished another rock. Still trying to improve structure and color. I love those rocks i see on Facebook by jan culek, lovely.
I going too plant it with sylvestris but i'm still doubt if sylvestris are good plants for these rock creations. I want them too keep them as small as possible.
IMG_8405.jpg
IMG_8407.jpg
IMG_8408.jpg
Just a view jonger tree's that i have.
IMG_8409.jpg
IMG_8411.jpg
IMG_8413.jpg
IMG_8414.jpgIMG_8412.jpg
Cutting them back in august, wire them in early winter and planting them in early spring. That are my thoughts. Like too hear your opinions and options.
grzzz

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I don't have anything to add Ruben. But the scale seems a bit off for pines.
I'm going for junipers on such a rock.

How old are the trees if you dont mind me asking?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have some scots pine seeds from Italy, those are a lot smaller in needle size compared to the ones from Dutch collected seeds.
However, thats going to take another 6 years.

That doesn't help a lot. Anyways, good luck with this project!

Reaction score
Dah, i'm just about to beginning compleet nuts. really don't know. just Stupid. How do i think i am. Pipo.
IMG_8476.jpg

Reaction score
Good to hear, i decided not to grow anymore from seed. It takes to much space and the problem is that from the 10 you grow there are just a couple that are cool and the rest more work.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Haha, that's why I grow them by the 100's. It does take a lot of space, that's true.
The ones I don't like, will end up in a piece of forest we own. So there's no loss for me at all. Except for the time I need to water them.. But it doesn't make much of a difference to water 5 or 50.

Reaction score
Nice you have a place like that. I even don't have full ground, hahahaha
But it doesn't make much of a difference to water 5 or 50.
Watering is not a problem. Wiring, un wiring, pull weed, repotting, bugs, fungus, weather protecting and keeping my other plants healthy and turning them into bonsai. That is to much Hay on my Fork.:D

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The rock looks to be pretty large, judging by the floor boards. And those scots seem quite small. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work in terms of the scale of their size and the rock. I think it could look good with the pines. I’m nonpine expert though. Besides, these type of rock planting’s are almost ALWAYS done with juniper, why not try something different with the pines? I support it!

Reaction score
The rock looks to be pretty large, judging by the floor boards. And those scots seem quite small. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work in terms of the scale of their size and the rock. I think it could look good with the pines. I’m nonpine expert though. Besides, these type of rock planting’s are almost ALWAYS done with juniper, why not try something different with the pines? I support it!
Just what i was thinking...:cool:
There was a time ibigawa rocks where for sale in europe. Those rocks are really cool and mostly plant with p. parviflora. They don't grow here, and always have problems. On scale, i find it hard. The rock should dominate the tree's.

Top Bottom