PABonsai's Little Christmas Tree Entry

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Colorado Spruce picea pungens from Lowe's. $30.

I was able to get one with a little decent trunk movement, will need more though. But he is very vigorous. Needles aren't like daggers yet!IMG_6900.JPGIMG_6901.JPGIMG_6902.JPGIMG_6905.JPG

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I searched two Lowe's, a Home Depot, a Stauffer's of Kissel Hill, a Giant and a BJ's looking for something that's not a dwarf Alberta spruce. I was really hoping to find a Douglas for but couldn't. This little thing looks good though!

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I searched two Lowe's, a Home Depot, a Stauffer's of Kissel Hill, a Giant and a BJ's looking for something that's not a dwarf Alberta spruce. I was really hoping to find a Douglas for but couldn't. This little thing looks good though!
I’m on my way to my 6th place now... no Douglas yet either 😅 Lots of spruce and some rosemary

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Two new additions to the family. Entries #2 and 3 for me. Chamaecyparis Lawsonia 'Elwoodii' and a Dwarf Alberta Spruce.
😬

IMG_6959.JPGIMG_6960.JPGIMG_6961.JPGIMG_6962.JPGIMG_6963.JPG

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I got a Lawson Cypress too. Looking forward to seeing your progress

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have one of those Lawson elwoodii also for the contest. The foliage is gorgeous but it's going to be "stick in a pot" territory for sure so it's going to be a small shohin I think. I have a few ideas!

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We are coming closer to the end of the Little Christmas Tree contest. Final photos should be posted in your individual threads, and will be voted on by the general membership starting on April 30.

Time to start thinking about your repotting, final design, wiring, pruning and generally getting the trees in shape for the contest!

Top Bottom