Pacific Bonsai Museum - Japanese Black Pine

• Thread starter Deleted member 32750
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32750

I want to start a thread to update the status and show the progression of the Pacific Bonsai Museum Black Pine that I bought in their one time sale a few years ago (thanks to @Deep Sea Diver for posting about the sale on here).

I purchased the tree directly from PBM when the sale was posted back in May 21. The tree made the long journey from Washington state to North Carolina and arrived in June 21. When I received the package, I could tell UPS had thrown the box/tree around like a rag doll before I even opened it. Then I opened the box and saw the tree.
IMG_1239.JPG

Thankfully and surprisingly the tree had no broken branches, but the pot was smashed to pieces (which the museum refunded me for).
I didn't have a large enough pot for the tree at the time so I went to the Bonsai Learning Center and got a temporary pot for the tree for the rest of 2021.

In Spring of 2022, I potted the tree in a Gyozan pot
66674641829__6E495915-A9AA-4FD8-839D-B653886FA7B4.jpeg

and then took the tree to Eisei-en in April of 22 for boarding and to be styled by Bjorn.
The tree also had pretty bad needle cast when I received it, which reappeared in the fall of 2022 so Bjorn wasn't able to wire it then.

Last week I drove up to Eisei-en for an intensive class and Bjorn said the tree was ready to be worked on so I got to detail wire the tree with the help of Bjorn.
Here are some picture before the work showing the new front:
IMG_2942 2.jpg
IMG_2944.jpg

And after the work:
IMG_2952.jpg
IMG_2964.jpg

The tree has had quite the journey the past few years and I'm glad it is getting healthy and able to have bonsai work done to it.
The plan is to find a new pot for the tree next year and show this tree at the US National Exhibition in 2025 so be on the lookout for it then!

Top Bottom