Parabolic arch table

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Lol don’t know where I got “Warren” when I meant Owen. That’s a long trip. Hope you can make it sometime.

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I got some pots and a couple of trees from Mehans Miniatures when I used to live within about 20 minutes of them. They were great people.

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I really like your table design and construction.

I’ve been doing some work with redheart or bloodwood lately. That might be a nice one to try for bonsai tables.it is Hard. Hard. But not to bad to work. Splits with dull tools, but finishes beautifully and seems to be water and rot resistant.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I really like this, it's elegant and unique. Too many "different" stands seem to not take into consideration that they are part of a team of display, and tend to distract if that makes sense. I can see this stand working well with many graceful trees, and in a variety of sizes as well.
I missed this post earlier, so glad that it is getting updated soon!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
First class design. Elegant and original in a world full of clumsy copies . You won't make a million in the bonsai business, but that panache will take you far in the furniture business.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Kenny Rodgers, 1968
Yeh yeh, woh yeh...
I’m stumped. Literally. My legs were left out in the weather having no idea I would use them
for a display stand. The local black walnut table is ready to stain (live edge only), the oval slab (twin trunk growth rings)
and the legs were to be a the 3 way crotch I harvested at the same time. Crotch is ~4” branches with a single central trunk. Really screwed that up. Afraid it’s rotten, but will remove the sap layer and see if I’ve anything to salvage.
I do have a stump from same twin trunk tree I would love to carve out with a chain saw but don’t have the tools yet
nor any carving experience.

Good luck on your Shohin and Kifu stands :)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeh yeh, woh yeh...
I’m stumped. Literally. My legs were left out in the weather having no idea I would use them
for a display stand. The local black walnut table is ready to stain (live edge only), the oval slab (twin trunk growth rings)
and the legs were to be a the 3 way crotch I harvested at the same time. Crotch is ~4” branches with a single central trunk. Really screwed that up. Afraid it’s rotten, but will remove the sap layer and see if I’ve anything to salvage.
I do have a stump from same twin trunk tree I would love to carve out with a chain saw but don’t have the tools yet
nor any carving experience.

Good luck on your Shohin and Kifu stands :)
The last project I did at work before I retired was to re build an arbor at the club house at a gated community. 110 feet long. 6 x 6 posts 2 x 8 and 2 x 10 construction with 4 x 4s as a cover 5 inches apart. Lots of doug fir. Ordered number one, S4S and was the worst stuff I have ever seen. The lumber yard told me it was "wood" man. "God's creation, there is nothing we can do about that." Good thing it was painted.;)

Top Bottom