Park's Bonsai Farm? VA

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Nope, there about an hour from me but I've never ventured there.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
They're about an hour from me and I was thinking about going tomorrow. I called to confirm they are open and they are there 7 days a week 9-5. I'll let you know about my findings!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Got a Chinese elm and a trident maple. Both $50. I have no idea if I got hosed or not but the lady is real sweet, you just can't say no. There's not a lot of "big" stuff there but she does have quite a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 214

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man...I don't know if I'd make a 3 hour journey out there. I'm out in fairfax VA and figured that Meehans is probably closer to me. Has anyone been out that area too?

mj_barb

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Man...I don't know if I'd make a 3 hour journey out there. I'm out in fairfax VA and figured that Meehans is probably closer to me. Has anyone been out that area too?

I'm also in Northern VA. I have not been to either of them, but I plan on going to Meehan's this weekend. Its only about an hour away and I've heard good things.

There's not a lot of "big" stuff there but she does have quite a bit.

As in nothing bigger than what you got?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I didn't get any other pictures I'm sorry. But she does have a few bigger ficus, maples, elms etc. I got something on the smaller end of what she had. She does have a lot smaller and some a bit bigger. She has some $1,000 trees if that's what you're looking for but not many.
I'm sorry if that's not a good description lol I don't know how else to explain. I got lost in there!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Yea she wanted $60 for the maple but I bundled the two for $100 even. Does anyone know if I got jipped? Or are these prices pretty standard? I'd hate to keep going back and getting screwed lol

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
To me the prices seem a bit high, but not seeing the 1k pieces I can't really pass judgment lol

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Ouch! You did get a little jipped. I would've paid no more than $30 each for those. Meehan's Miniatures is definitely the go-to place. Martha is always accommodating. They've got Owen Reich coming to teach next month, look out for it.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Meehan's is a good start, but more than an hour from NoVa. Maybe 90 mins.
What about Julian Adams in Lynchburg? He ususally sells trees, as well as wire, at the PBA Festival in the spring, although it wont be happening this year. I would expect him to be a vendor at the ABS Symposium in June, Ellicott City, MD.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I will be in VA Beach the first of Sep for my nephews promotion to Navy Captain (very proud as he started as a no-stripper recruit). I would be able to stop by Park's on my way home, but only if someone can give me some up to date recommendations.

Does anyone have current info on Park's bonsai farm nursery, or recommendations please. thanks

Top Bottom