Part of Acacia yellowing

Lolzmechanic

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi, I have noticed that for a little while now that single branch has been going yellow and seems to be dying, is it a threat? or could it be left alone?

Attachments

• IMG_3246.PNG
    IMG_3246.PNG
    260.5 KB · Views: 20

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Unfortunately this seems to be a trait of many acacias. they are fast growing pioneer plants but most are also relatively short lived and prone to branches dying. Most of the species I have tried have similar dieback regularly.
I would not worry about the dead section. Plants are able to shut off sections to prevent problems from moving through the entire plant. It is highly likely the dead section will stop at the nearest fork. Cut it out if you wish but leaving it should not threaten the whole tree.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have acacias and I am certain the above response is correct, but be on the guard for spider mites with these plants.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Unfortunately this seems to be a trait of many acacias. they are fast growing pioneer plants but most are also relatively short lived and prone to branches dying. Most of the species I have tried have similar dieback regularly.
I would not worry about the dead section. Plants are able to shut off sections to prevent problems from moving through the entire plant. It is highly likely the dead section will stop at the nearest fork. Cut it out if you wish but leaving it should not threaten the whole tree.
I have a Rabbit's Foot Acacia. Over the winter, almost half of the tree died. The other half is growing very vigorously. Not sure it's worth the room it will take up inside this winter....

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have a Rabbit's Foot Acacia. Over the winter, almost half of the tree died. The other half is growing very vigorously. Not sure it's worth the room it will take up inside this winter....
Go for broke! Chop it down to some size that puts it more in balance.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Go for broke! Chop it down to some size that puts it more in balance.
That's my plan. If it kicks it, no great loss. I bought it for the flowers and it has never bloomed.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Most of them bloom on really long terminal extensions.

Top Bottom