Paul Katich trees for sale

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Paul's wife, Norine, has listed trees available for sale from Paul's collection. If anyone here ends up with one, it would be great to see it's story continue here at the Nut.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bellotapots/albums
For prices, the post instructs to inquire at the following email address:
bellota.pots (at) gmail (dot) com

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I hope these come up on the FB auctions. I would love to have the opportunity to bid on them.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Emailed too - no response, must be very busy, my guess

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I emailed a couple days ago and got a response. Seems like shipping isn't something they're comfortable with (don't know if that will change). Prices seemed high, but that's all a matter of perspective.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No response from them. :(
Norine wrote back to me today. :) She doesn't feel comfortable shipping the tree I'm interested in. I feel mainly because she is not comfortable and doesn't want to harm the tree. That's very nice. I would probably need to find someone near her to pick up and ship.
I've been reading up on Paul and its to bad he has passed. My Dad passed away 8 months ago very similar to what happened with Paul. Be nice to have one of his trees and show the progress year after year here.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Emailed me back too and the price was shockingly high, and she didn't want to ship so I'll have to pass for now.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@c54fun thanks. Loved the natives assumed it was the mid Atlantic. Bummer

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Emailed me back too and the price was shockingly high, and she didn't want to ship so I'll have to pass for now.
Yeah, I was being a bit conservative in my earlier assessment. The price I was quoted for tree 75 (twisted pom) was way too high (like 3x too high) for a tree that only has primary branches done an in place, with some secondary branching started.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
She had someone come look over the collection and give her est prices on what he thought the trees were worth. Ive seen these trees in person and Paul had a very nice collection of large to extra large native trees (native to NE Florida). Those root over rock trees of his are very nice. Ive heard rumors they are trying to get one of his wisterias into the national collection. But that seems it could take a few years from submission to acceptance.

Top Bottom