PBA 2013 microcarpa

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am shocked this has not pushed new buds all down that trunk, or have you rubbed them off to discourage them from coming out there ? I like the direction your taking it.

ed

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am shocked this has not pushed new buds all down that trunk, or have you rubbed them off to discourage them from coming out there ? I like the direction your taking it.

ed

Since this tree's been sitting in the window all winter it's really slowed down a lot. The good side to styling the tree the way I did is that it'll fit in the grow tent with the rest of my trees now. I should see some major backbudding now that it's getting proper light and heat. What new buds that did pop over the past few months I rubbed off to redirect energy to thickening the apex.

The tree still has a long way to go, but I feel pretty good about its direction. I want to showcase the fat base, good taper, and the trunk hollow as best as possible. I'll probably put it in some sort of primitive round pot when the time comes in a few years.

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
Since you want something out of the box, some inspiration for you
Something different:

Attachments

• 1397519_161391784069580_1039507941_o.jpg
    1397519_161391784069580_1039507941_o.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 36

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Since you want something out of the box, some inspiration for you
Something different:

Very nice! Something other than the typical banyan style is refreshing. These trees are just so adaptable that it's fun to try something a little different.

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
Very nice! Something other than the typical banyan style is refreshing. These trees are just so adaptable that it's fun to try something a little different.
This style is called raspberry chicken...;)

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Leafing out and budding all over the branches. There should be plenty to work with in another few months. The grow house is doing wonders for all my trees.

Another picture just because.

Attachments

• IMG_9022.jpg
    IMG_9022.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 25

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
I like the movement a lot...Try to study how the branch structure is done of figs in Vietnam and Malaysia...the secondary branches are like little trees going up from the primary branches.
It looks different and very nice. It will look good on your tree. If I am not mistaken Chinese have the same style also.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I like the movement a lot...Try to study how the branch structure is done of figs in Vietnam and Malaysia...the secondary branches are like little trees going up from the primary branches.
It looks different and very nice. It will look good on your tree. If I am not mistaken Chinese have the same style also.

Thanks! I will definitely look up examples if I can. I have a running folder of awesome fig examples on my computer that I routinely study. Many of them have been saved off this forum!

Top Bottom