PBA wisteria

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a collected wisteria that I'm looking to get rid of to make room for some new trees I've acquired.

I'd like to sell it locally and have the buyer pick it up at the upcoming PBA show in two weeks. I will not ship.

I will post some photos of it ASAP. It's got a 4 inch trunk and some pretty decent ramification. It's also in a 12" by 6" deep (approximately) round Dale Cochoy glazed pot.

I'm thinking the plant itself would be about $50. With the pot, $200.

PM me if you're interested. First come, first serve

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
To bad you won't ship, wisteria is one of the few species I've always wanted and keep my eye out for.

Aaron

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
wisty1.jpg wisty2.jpg Finally, some pictures. I collected this a while ago off of an old plantation home site near me. It's done OK. Needs some close attention to pruning, etc., that I haven't been able to give it. The dead wood is stable and isn't rotting. The trunk won't die back any further and has been regrowing over the old dead wood. It's been containerized for well over 10 years now.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW, those two rear shoots are there to help callus over the deadwood. They're not part of the ultimate design I had in mind.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No takers so far...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You take that with you...it won't come home. Just saying...surely someone will grab it up. It makes a limited audience here with it being unable to ship. But, I totally grasp why you don't wish to go that route.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Guess I'm going to release this one back into the wild...

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Don't do it Mark! I'll be up there either tomorrow or Sunday. I'm not much into those kinds of trees, but you know someone at the National Arboretum is.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will be up at the arb tomorrow am around 10 or so. I don't plan on doing anything drastic before then. I'll bring it with me. Supposed to rain, rain, rain, so I'll probably be wandering around the vendor tent or the inside exhibits.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So no takers on the wisteria. Sad. Still have to get it off my benches. takes up way too much room.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Still a willing taker if you'd ship, I don't think I can pull a cross country trip for one tree lol

Aaron

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I find that so shocking! That it's not sold...shaking my head.

Yeah, I'm shaking my head too. I've found that selling shit on the Internet is mostly a pain in the ass. A lot of tire kickers, but real takers are few and far between.

I'd consider shipping the damn thing, but it would cost at least $50 to do so and I'm dealing with a terminal illness in my family these days.
Barely had time to go up to the show on Saturday, much less pack a tree up and get it to UPS/whoever...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Really sorry to hear that...terminal illness is a real kick in the gut on all aspects of it. Wouldn't wish that in my least favorite person. My prayers are with you and your family...

I've paid more than $50 on shipping for a tiny dinky tree. Was a bit shocked but had already made intentions to take the tree. The one now ships another way...and shipping costs are lower.

I know Priority is decent on price. I know though that Scott Lee has I believe always used FedEx...but ships so much he may get a break...because I feel his shipping is very fare. I've gotten three amazing trees and a rabbit foots fern from him. Always happy all around with price.

I need to get rid of some eye candy decor off my benches in my greenhouse. For it looks maxed to the hilt for trees for storage when in use. Added the two this year...and it filled up fast. I would imagine you have far more trees than I. And I am even pondering the thinning of a few...

Top Bottom