Pemphis Re-styling

Reaction score
This material had been programmed for few year as cascade style, but the trunk's flowing line was always disturbing my eyes, there was something wrong with the visual balance; but I could not improve too much due to the fragile trunk.

1.jpg

Reaction score
Then I decided to re-style it by changing the entire position....

2.jpg

Reaction score
And here is the simulated picture for the final result....

3.jpg

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It was great the way it was (at least to my eyes) it is magnificent the way it will be

what an idea !

sean f

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
amazing what just changing the planting angle a little can do.

mholt

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just my opinion

I think this tree is on a great path and angle is much more pleasing. Visually, (to me) there appears to be too much symmetry with the perceived isosceles triangle and feel that the right hand portion of the tree competes too much with that awesome trunk line on the left. In my opinion, I would like to see it end a little shorter on the right. I hope I'm not overstepping boundaries by giving my critique, as this tree outclasses any stump or piece of material I have.

Attachments

• pemphis1.jpg
    pemphis1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 31
  • pemphis2.jpg
    pemphis2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Why not Mholt ? There are always different options with different preferences..it gives different mimic to the tree.... Thanks.

mholt

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I agree that there are multiple options and different personal preferences when working with a tree. My opinion was based immediately off my first impression when I saw the virtual. My eye wanted to exit the tree at the point of the jin in the middle of the foliage instead of following it downward.

Top Bottom