Penjing Update

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The trees look healthy, but to me, the overall design is not so good. Just a personal opinion, but I would use a wider pot to have more difference between each group of trees.

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
the lil dead wood elements on the sides are really cool, IMO. It feels like theres a problem with scale, though. I wish the foliar mass could come down a few inches

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Penjing look alike is not too bad. I guess 100 people would do it a different way but I rather like it. I am not a fan of mud men. I would rather imply a human touch than fake it. That's me though and I have no problem with others using them. The green and the red maple planted together, in my honest and humble opinion, looks horrible.

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Take a closer look at the dead(ish)wood on the left. Familiar?🤔😃

You thinking this one?

p6237676-jpg.248554

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is irony for you but at least it is still serving a function.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ahhh...you mean these two!

P61176671.JPGP81579341.JPG

Some people can do bonsai, and other find comfort just talking about it. That is a pretty costly piece of decoration. There is a small part of me that just feels sad for this guy.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Take a closer look at the dead(ish)wood on the left. Familiar?🤔😃

Dang, that's too bad - he seemed really stoked about that tree back when I first posted it for community opinions. :(

In regards to the OP though, this little Penjing scene is appealing to me. Looking at it head on I would want to move that front trunk on the right a little further to the right and back some. Looks a little out of place with the rest of the composition.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I would ask for a refund. That didn't last more than one growing season.

Top Bottom