Penjing

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
There's no place for penjing on this forum, so I'll post it here since it's a type of landscape as is saikei.

The marble tray is 22 inches long. All the rocks have been cut to make a flat base and have been cemented to the tray. The tree is a literati style Kingsville boxwood.

Mike

Attachments

• penbox09rs.jpg
    penbox09rs.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 230

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hmmm,it has the vague look of what could be imported from China as part of an Oriental Garden Ornament collection for a breakfast cereal box.

Give it a few years and you will still be chided for your early attempts.

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
Hmmm,it has the vague look of what could be imported from China as part of an Oriental Garden Ornament collection for a breakfast cereal box.

Give it a few years and you will still be chided for your early attempts.

O great master, please enlighten me by posting an example of your superior work.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
They say that with Penjing the artist has the freedom to present his masterpiece free from the mind forged manacles of Bone-Sigh.

I notice it's really the Chinese chuckling into their teapots over 'Western eye".

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
They say that with Penjing the artist has the freedom to present his masterpiece free from the mind forged manacles of Bone-Sigh.

I notice it's really the Chinese chuckling into their teapots over 'Western eye".

Still, nothing to see.

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
I have a picture of a diseased pine in nature if that would help.

I've searched through your posts for an example of your work. NOTHING. Do you have something to show us? Or do you just log on to make snarky remarks?

redvw5

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well I do like it but thats only my two cents and that won't get you much these days. I like penjing with maybe a little more decoration. Maybe a small junk in what I assume would be the water portion of the marble base. I would like to see pictures from a few different angles.

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mike, I like it. I know zip about the style and rules of this art form but I know what is eye pleasing and your picture sure is that.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Is this tree grafted? The nebari seems nice...but the top of the tree seems grafted and a different color. Closer photo of just your tree? Stones and trey look nice...trying to figure your material...I almost thought it photo shopped...then thought possibly graft.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Is this tree grafted? The nebari seems nice...but the top of the tree seems grafted and a different color. Closer photo of just your tree? Stones and trey look nice...trying to figure your material...I almost thought it photo shopped...then thought possibly graft.

The OP has never posted again since 2009... Just sayin' :p

Grimmy

Top Bottom