Penumbra Bowl Shaped Stone Age Pot #1

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am going to sell last of my stone age pots. My shoulder is still a bit screwed up and I can't make any more now, but that should change as my shoulder condition improves, hopefully in a few weeks.
Shipping charges are ridiculous, particularly to the west cost, and I can't sell them as cheaply as I was because of this. I lost money on two shipped a few weeks ago and pretty much broke even on the others. When I reorganize and have more pots, hopefully in 6 to 10 weeks, I will have to figure out the best way to deal with this issue. In the meantime, for the pots I have remaining, I will still include shipping anywhere in the USA but I will have to raise the base line price.
This pot, and the other two pots I am listing here will be $125. I can't prom ise delivery before Christmas, but since I ship next day, and in rare cases the following day, there is a very good chance of receiving before the holidays.
View attachment 412013View attachment 412014View attachment 412015View attachment 412016View attachment 412017View attachment 412018View attachment 412019View attachment 412020
About 3 to 4 inches inside.
Put me on the waiting list for one of these. I don’t have a tree for one but I want one anyway. Freaking incredible work!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
😉 (when your shoulder is up for it),
If the shoulder becomes an issue... i may have to come to VA and WATCH you throw a bunch.... you’ve already encouraged me to learn NATURAL textures, deeply and intimately.. in LAYERS.. through conversation...and ALSO through the inspiration i draw from your work/pieces.

So I should, plan on doing biscuit loads, to “flex” my oxide staining muscles, and watch your process, so that, IF, for any reason, you aren’t able to throw.. I can keep your technique alive.. because I feel your work is very crucial to this developing, “North American Mini-Tree” movement.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Put me on the waiting list for one of these. I don’t have a tree for one but I want one anyway. Freaking incredible work!
Wish that I was that well organized. Thank you for you kind words and consideration.
I start physical therapy tomorrow. I obviously need help with this. I miss making pots but any elevation of my right arm past my waist is fatiguing and painful. Sometimes the pain seems out of nowhere.
I am thinking I may be able to start up again in 3 to 6 weeks.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If the shoulder becomes an issue... i may have to come to VA and WATCH you throw a bunch.... you’ve already encouraged me to learn NATURAL textures, deeply and intimately.. in LAYERS.. through conversation...and ALSO through the inspiration i draw from your work/pieces.

So I should, plan on doing biscuit loads, to “flex” my oxide staining muscles, and watch your process, so that, IF, for any reason, you aren’t able to throw.. I can keep your technique alive.. because I feel your work is very crucial to this developing, “North American Mini-Tree” movement.
You are very kind. Don't count me down and out. I have a few years in my still.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gotta love those Stone Age pots!

Yours is beautiful 😍, pictures will never do these justice, you have to see and hold them in person to fully appreciate the detail that went into making these!

Congratulations @HorseloverFat and awesome work @penumbra!

Maybe I'll have to buy all of your future pots again 😉 (when your shoulder is up for it), I'm glad other people are able to enjoy these now haha.
You certainly have bought several of these from me and I am very grateful for your encouragement my friend.
When I have a chance I plan on visiting the on loan bonsai exhibition in Richmond in February. I'll let you know when I come down there. Who knows, maybe we can meet in person.

Top Bottom