Penumbra Bowl Shaped Stone Age Pot #1

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am going to sell last of my stone age pots. My shoulder is still a bit screwed up and I can't make any more now, but that should change as my shoulder condition improves, hopefully in a few weeks.
Shipping charges are ridiculous, particularly to the west cost, and I can't sell them as cheaply as I was because of this. I lost money on two shipped a few weeks ago and pretty much broke even on the others. When I reorganize and have more pots, hopefully in 6 to 10 weeks, I will have to figure out the best way to deal with this issue. In the meantime, for the pots I have remaining, I will still include shipping anywhere in the USA but I will have to raise the base line price.
This pot, and the other two pots I am listing here will be $125. I can't prom ise delivery before Christmas, but since I ship next day, and in rare cases the following day, there is a very good chance of receiving before the holidays.
IMG_5981.JPGIMG_5982.JPGIMG_5983.JPGIMG_5984.JPGIMG_5985.JPGIMG_5986.JPGIMG_5987.JPGIMG_5988.JPG
About 3 to 4 inches inside.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This piece RULES!

The close-up reveals those depths of darkness, with that color, I will call “AquaCrimson” mingling betwixt levels.

Lovely, friend.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last chance for a stone age pot for awhile. Probably until March.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This is damn near my favorite one...so it seems serendipitous that it remains unsold.

I’d like to own it... but could not realistically afford it until Mid-January.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is damn near my favorite one...so it seems serendipitous that it remains unsold.

I’d like to own it... but could not realistically afford it until Mid-January.
I will consider it sold. You know you have at least two pieces that I want. Let's get through the holidays and discuss a trade of some sort, If that works for you.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I will consider it sold. You know you have at least two pieces that I want. Let's get through the holidays and discuss a trade of some sort, If that works for you.
That’s my favorite way of doing business!!!

Thank you, deeply, friend!

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thank you!
I was sorely tempted but do not t have an appropriate tree. Enjoy!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Oh my good-great-God-golly-gravyboat-bunches of GROOVY GRAPES!!

This pot arrived today...

I speechlessly stared at in my lap for about 12 minutes before uttering “Oh my god..”

The workmanship!.. the continuity of idea!.. the intent!... the subtle, intentional nuances!... the LAYERS of color, existing individually OR marrying depending on ocular side of focus!

I am overwhelmed..

Outstandingly terrific work, friend!

🤓🥰

2B3E1809-2A3F-4767-821C-FE009DB9BFAD.jpeg036A45AE-C13D-486C-BC78-90DD9F5632FF.jpegAD189EF5-C334-4113-93BD-B7BD624FB5CA.jpeg The purples are completely out of this world..

And purple ties into black/DARK very well.. and that’s what I really enjoyed about this finish/stain..The pictures scarce can convey this, but, Purple NORMALLY ties in to Black, visually. Through the red spectrum, going through Maroon/brown highway.. but not THIS purple. While that brown highway IS occupied with the rich brown-reds tying in... the purple, is teeter-tottered to the blue “side”... so the purple is actually blending, visually, from the Navy/Winter “channel”... Sooo you have this immense “draw” to the darkest points.. without sacrificing highlight colors.. or having them.. “lost”

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This is the tree (sorry the thread isn’t updated) that will live in this pot.. repot in spring.

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I haven't checked in as often as I thought, and totally missed this!
Delighted for both of you 😃😃😃

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I speechlessly stared at in my lap for about 12 minutes before uttering “Oh my god..”
Gotta love those Stone Age pots!

Yours is beautiful 😍, pictures will never do these justice, you have to see and hold them in person to fully appreciate the detail that went into making these!

Congratulations @HorseloverFat and awesome work @penumbra!

Maybe I'll have to buy all of your future pots again 😉 (when your shoulder is up for it), I'm glad other people are able to enjoy these now haha.

Top Bottom