Penumbra Dark Stone Age Pot #1

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A stoneware stone age pot with a deep manganese stain for those looking for a very dark brown / black bonsai pot. A shape you have seen before but with a very dark finish. The manganese oxide wash will allow the pot to garner a natural patina as it ages outside. Price in the USA is $85 which includes shipping. Check or money order is preferred but PayPal to friends and family will also work.
IMG_4784.JPGIMG_4790.JPGIMG_4785.JPGIMG_4791.JPGIMG_4789.JPGIMG_4792.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't have a preferrence over the lighter or darker ones. I have used both of them to my pleasure.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is a wood textile stamp from India. I love putting something on the bottoms of my pottery. It is hard to fit it on a bonsai pot because of the drainage hole(s).
Normally when I buy a piece of pottery I look at the bottom. I think that the bottom treatment, whether formal, or informal like mine, shows that the potter really cares enough. I really love Pitoon's stamp on his pots. Everything about his tiny pots shows that he is totally vested in doing the best he can do.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Received this pot yesterday, and once again, this thing is more beautiful in person than can be shown in a picture!

I love the color of the stain and the darker and lighter undertones/overtones! This will only get better with some weathering I'm sure!

I'm really into the textures of these stone age pots, and @penumbra is knocking it out of the park with the staining. It's obvious the amount of detail he puts into his pots, for every crack and crevice there is added texture and darker and lighter interplay of the staining. All of this really makes for a realistic looking stone pot. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

The pot looks smaller in the photos, even with the tape measure there for scale, but it is not. Once you pick it up, you can feel the weight of it and know this thing is substantial, made tough, and is durable. I could probably drop it and it would be fine (which is not going to happen).

I'll definitely post a picture here when I get it planted up!

Thank you again for another awesome pot, I can feel the heart and soul you put into making these!

Top Bottom