Pests & Disease Forum?

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Without meaning to reference any ongoing human issues, I noticed we didn't have a “Pests & Diseases” forum. Might be worth considering it - we‘re getting to that time of year when we start getting a lot of posts about this topic and it might be useful to place these threads under a common listing.

S

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd stick it in advanced.

Sorce

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
...with Scott’s resources as stickies on the top...

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'd stick it in advanced.

Sorce

hmm. Like “Soils & Fertilizer“, it’s kind of a basic care issue and I don’t really consider it to be an advanced topic. So I’d probably put a thread on the topic under General Discussion today, but that’s really the reason I think it’s worth considering giving the topic its own forum.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hmm. Like “Soils & Fertilizer“, it’s kind of a basic care issue and I don’t really consider it to be an advanced topic. So I’d probably put a thread on the topic under General Discussion today, but that’s really the reason I think it’s worth considering giving the topic its own forum.

Sorry, with so much "general topic" posting and "new posts", add people's laziness in going to find the information, and I forgot how nice it is to be organized!

I think it's a good idea.

But King Nut probably won't have time to get it done soon.

It would be nice wouldn't it.

That sticky with photos of MOST of what we encounter.

Better, pictures from a distance, the effects, and close ups of the problems.

Sorce

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b

I agree, It should be in the "Home Forums" group, nobody scrolls down much past the "Tree Forums" group. I have not deliberately looked in on forums below "Tree Groups" on purpose in months, I end up there only because I use the "New Posts" function. Its okay to leave "Soils & Fertilizer" where it is, because I am tired of "soil wars" and most fertilizer questions end up in "general discussion" anyway.

Gaijin

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Without meaning to reference any ongoing human issues, I noticed we didn't have a “Pests & Diseases” forum. Might be worth considering it - we‘re getting to that time of year when we start getting a lot of posts about this topic and it might be useful to place these threads under a common listing.

S
I was looking for such a forum when I made a recent thread about "mysterious organism on my RMJ". I made the post under "Junipers", but was thinking the same thing as you about needing a separate forum.

Top Bottom