Phallic Phicus

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Quite the package!

Any chance of getting some more roots off the dong?

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spring time. I use those breathable veggie storage bags with some sphaggy and wrap the branch. I might try perlite next time as the moss is a hassle to remove thoroughly. Try it out, I use this method with some success. Still not quite sure what I'm gonna do with this thing!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will say that is....ah....

I can't bring myself to click...."like"
Apologies.....

In the words of Charles Brown, good grief....

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
87574-thats-a-penis-gif-dick-font-Im-X2yp.gif

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
This is an olive?
What does the top look like?
Can you grow roots above the balls?
Is that called a ground layer? (Air layer)
Yep, it's an olive, and the top is chopped just above the photo's edge. They root very easily, so I don't really even have to "ball-layer" it, but I may on this one.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
@LanceMac10 - If it had a curve or something (trying to keep a straight face), it might be better in a design, but it sure stands out as such a linear element. Any chance it's bendable at that size - clamps maybe? Cold water? It might be kind of cool if it touched the ground (rooting at that point) and then bent up again. Maybe you could just raise the soil level (probably layering), grow some vertical shoots and go raft-ish . . . I think that's the technical term. I'm sure there's a Japanese term that means clumpy at one end and rafty at the other ;)

Oh, also, what's the variety?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@LanceMac10 - If it had a curve or something (trying to keep a straight face), it might be better in a design, but it sure stands out as such a linear element. Any chance it's bendable at that size - clamps maybe? Cold water? It might be kind of cool if it touched the ground (rooting at that point) and then bent up again. Maybe you could just raise the soil level (probably layering), grow some vertical shoots and go raft-ish . . . I think that's the technical term. I'm sure there's a Japanese term that means clumpy at one end and rafty at the other ;)

Oh, also, what's the variety?
I think green island

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Penisaurus Erectus maximus
C'mon, we can do better than that! It needs a tree name; not a dinosaur name ;)
How about Dendrophalloides for the genus (literally "phallus shaped tree") . . .
As for the species epithet . . . Lance's and mine are clearly different species, so maybe linealis and virilis . . .

Dendrophalloides linealis
Dendrophalloides virilis

Sounds legit to me!

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
C'mon, we can do better than that! It needs a tree name; not a dinosaur name ;)
How about Dendrophalloides for the genus (literally "phallus shaped tree") . . .
As for the species epithet . . . Lance's and mine are clearly different species, so maybe linealis and virilis . . .

Dendrophalloides linealis
Dendrophalloides virilis

Sounds legit to me!
What can I say, it's the best I could come up on short notice.

Top Bottom