Photo editing assistance needed

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Not bonsai related...but, had family ask since dad was cremated...if we could have a photo of him (just him) sitting out. We will be doing a memorial video of photos. BUT we have NO PHOTOS of just dad.

So I was wondering if we have any photo editing people with the skill to remove my stepmom from this photo so we can have one of just dad sitting out? Figured this was the easiest of all we have if possibly can be done.
EDWARD V. WALLACE.jpg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I could give the first one a shot for you in an hour or so, but I'd need the highest resolution picture you have. The forum sizes them down a little.
Processing the forum-processed picture could mean that it will look bad when printed (a copy of a copy, in a sense).

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I was thinking of a interpretation of smthg like :

AMERICAN-GOTHIC-HOUSE.jpg

Last edited:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Anyway, the only pictures I have of my father are those rhat are in my mind.

They're here all the time.

I see him smile, and hear him sing, and I remember his voice.

I don't pray, but I remember.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Something like this? I’m sure there are some that can do it better though
F4B6974D-581F-4425-B7AA-80B028D6EA04.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thank you @Walter Pall...that was so considerate.

lol @Djtommy He was all about vintage hot rods of the day...but he was a man.

Teun also made a clear edited image from the email I sent him...thank you @Wires_Guy_wires ...My heart is overwhelmed at those who attempted to help me with final details of the memorial. Deepest heartfelt gratitude to you. If I had my way...I would not have a memorial...But, I do appreciate the help and time put into your process to allow this memorial to have a more suitable photo of just "dad". Thank you with love.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Thank you @Walter Pall...that was so considerate.

lol @Djtommy He was all about vintage hot rods of the day...but he was a man.

Teun also made a clear edited image from the email I sent him...thank you @Wires_Guy_wires ...My heart is overwhelmed at those who attempted to help me with final details of the memorial. Deepest heartfelt gratitude to you. If I had my way...I would not have a memorial...But, I do appreciate the help and time put into your process to allow this memorial to have a more suitable photo of just "dad". Thank you with love.
Good to see you could laugh with it. I was a bit worried if I was insensitive with this, though I thought I was just funny. And if you do a memorial it’s good to have a laugh from time to time. Not just seriousness
Grtz

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you have a Reddit account, there's a very useful subreddit where people will do this for you and the results are normally very high quality. https://www.reddit.com/r/picrequests/

If you like I can post there for you?
Thanks...but I was fortunate to get a good clear edit from the photo not being resized to forum modification through the email. Should enlarge well enough.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Good to see you could laugh with it. I was a bit worried if I was insensitive with this, though I thought I was just funny. And if you do a memorial it’s good to have a laugh from time to time. Not just seriousness
Grtz
I paused...then noticed the smirk on my dad's face. He was never one to smile. And...got your light heartedness trying to make me laugh at a difficult time. No worries...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ever feel like...not adulting. We have the memorial for my dad tomorrow. I just want it to be Sunday. This behind me...I prefer my own grief not shared with a room full of people...shellfish, I reckon. This is for him...and those who need it. My dad was an amazing man...and deserves a memorial celebrating his life. I get that...the funeral home just placed his obituary in this weeks paper...to remind ones of his memorial. I've ran into a cousin...who I've seen at the grocery multiple times since dad's death. And he was taken back...to have read it in the paper. I could see the hurt on his face...the confusion. But, it's how I deal...and...I hope he grasps that. Tomorrow...I Pray, I find an inner strength...I doubt I'm strong enough to speak...my husband is doing the eulogy.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Ever feel like...not adulting. We have the memorial for my dad tomorrow. I just want it to be Sunday. This behind me...I prefer my own grief not shared with a room full of people...shellfish, I reckon. This is for him...and those who need it. My dad was an amazing man...and deserves a memorial celebrating his life. I get that...the funeral home just placed his obituary in this weeks paper...to remind ones of his memorial. I've ran into a cousin...who I've seen at the grocery multiple times since dad's death. And he was taken back...to have read it in the paper. I could see the hurt on his face...the confusion. But, it's how I deal...and...I hope he grasps that. Tomorrow...I Pray, I find an inner strength...I doubt I'm strong enough to speak...my husband is doing the eulogy.
Nothing easy about losing a loved one.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Well, it seems we changed ones opinion of memorials. It's "just not been done" in our family. Dad didn't want viewed. I had discussed with him my own plans of something happened with my husband or myself...how we would do ours. Of a quaint memorial...a celebration of life. No ashes present. A nice photo, a center piece of flowers...and 20 minutes before it starts a photo video with music with a roll over so it continues until stopped...Dad had chosen the song by Allan Jackson "I want to stroll over heaven with you". Followed by the pastor praying and opening the floor for eulogies. Then he finished the service ending with the song "I can only imagine". The meal planned went just as smoothly, three kinds of soups, sandwiches, potato salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray and chips...followed with desserts. One family member who was frustrating to deal with. Was one of the kindest afterward. We changed ones outlook on memorials that day. I've had an overwhelming outpouring of saying what a lovely tribute we gave dad. It's been overwhelming the drastic change in ones opinion. Change, can be good if it's done right. Having it go so smoothly, really helped me feel good about the day. Dad would have been proud.

Top Bottom