Photo posting problems

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's 2013 now...Yeah...it could be my Windows system...seeing as how everyone else seems to be able to post...but then, something is not working and I'm not sure what is not happening. I resized and compressed 6 photos down to about 52KB each as jpg files. Browsed to locate the photos, clicked the upload and that little clock of dots just goes round and round and round. After waiting and watching the dot clock go around for 25 minutes I quit. I tried several times and even days apart.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? What did you discover of do about to post photos?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That's because you posted in the Announcements Forum - which is a moderated forum :) As far as your other questions... I have been looking into this problem every now and then but it is hard to nail down. I can't replicate the issue on the 3 PC's I have - nor can I get consistent feedback about what exactly the issue is.

Can you VERY SPECIFICALLY tell me which buttons you are pressing and links you are following to post photos. What happens (specifically)? What messages do you get from the site (if any)?

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just like tieball, I have been trying for months. Switched to Firefox and still the same thing. Reply-manage attachments-browse-open-upload and the spinner keeps going and going. I even tried uploading photos that's been uploaded before with no luck I'm not a computer whiz so that's about as specific as I know.

Reaction score
had the same problem, and switch to modzilla firefox, and for me it worked...
definitely a prob it seems with internet explorer...
gotta say, your lucky, I didn't even get the spinner!!!
When I went to up load, it let me pick a file from my
computer, then when I clicked the upload file button,
it just sat there as though I hadn't even clicked it...
:)

Last edited:

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have had the same problem for a few weeks now - what used to work simply does not anymore. Other then normal updates nothing has changed on my PC... :mad:

Is it possible there is a space issue on the server side?

Dario suggested to use PhotoBucket and honest it works even faster then the interface so I am not going to worry it anymore.

Last edited:

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Same here

Same issue. I use a PC, Internet Explorer. I have never gotten a photo upload to work on the PC. However it works perfectly on my iPad. So I have to email all photos to myself, and upload with the iPad.

I might try the Firefox thing.

AlBooBoo

Mame
Reaction score
Might just be internet explorer so trying firefox or i would recommend google chrome might work..

Have any of you have a very restricted firewall on your pc? a firewall can also stop you from sending files to other computers.. not just into your own

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Okay. Specifics I try for posting

That's because you posted in the Announcements Forum - which is a moderated forum :) As far as your other questions... I have been looking into this problem every now and then but it is hard to nail down. I can't replicate the issue on the 3 PC's I have - nor can I get consistent feedback about what exactly the issue is.

Can you VERY SPECIFICALLY tell me which buttons you are pressing and links you are following to post photos. What happens (specifically)? What messages do you get from the site (if any)?

- I select Forums and go to General Discussions. Is General Discussions the wrong territory for posting?
- Select Start a New Thread from the top
- Type in a headline and some text
- Scroll down to Manage Attachments
- Select Add New Files from the top
- Browse through my pc photo files and make a selection of one photo
- I've also tried + Files for more photos
- Select Upload of the selected photo file and start the spinning wheel going around and around....and around
- Just tried a moment ago...I stopped the spinning finally. No photo upload.
- There are no messages from the site....just a spinning wheel...until I self terminate the spinning wheel

Top Bottom